INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTS Redbook CDs and ASIO playback problems (v123  (Read 974 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DTS Redbook CDs and ASIO playback problems (v123
« on: March 03, 2003, 06:06:43 am »

I've jumped back into the v9 fray finally. I broke these two behaviors out into a seperate thread because I suspect they may actually be due to user error (say it ain't so!)

1) Using 9.0.123, I am unable to play all of my DTS tracks.

I have 2 DTS CDs (the standard redbook format CDs) that I have ripped & compressed with APE & generated a CUE list. I used that CUE sheet to make APLs. The last time I tried MC9 (.088), everything played fine when I enabled ASIO playback.

This time, about 5 of the 35 APLs only give digital hiss. I tried recreating the problem APLs without success. Playing the master APE file that the APLs are derived from works fine. Any ideas?

2) While playing back these APLs (the non-problematic ones), I get hiccups in the playback when selecting items in Hairstyle mode. I don't hear these hiccups when playing back normal APLs--just the DTS ones.

Best,
Brad

[edit: include system info...]
Media Center Registered 9.0.123 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Intel Pentium 4 1788 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  
Burning /  No burners found.

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /
Write CD-Text: No
Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DTS Redbook CDs and ASIO playback problems (v1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 10:36:45 am »

This time, about 5 of the 35 APLs only give digital hiss. I tried recreating the problem APLs without success. Playing the master APE file that the APLs are derived from works fine. Any ideas?

You mean you can play the APE file and seek to the APL spot and it works, but the APL itself won't work?

That would be a stumper, because it's the same code inside of Monkey's Audio.  All the APL does is "cap" the actual APE file.

As an aside, make sure you have a good digital connection.  We spent hours trying to figure out why we couldn't get DTS to work.  Then we tried a better SP/DIF cable and everything started working...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: DTS Redbook CDs and ASIO playback problems (v1
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 02:04:11 pm »

You mean you can play the APE file and seek to the APL spot and it works, but the APL itself won't work?

That's exactly what I meant, but...I think the electrons from your post on YaBB fixed whatever was wrong. The APLs that were giving me problems last night & this morning are now working perfectly.

I don't remember, but I don't think I even rebooted or logged out between the time I was having trouble and the time it worked.

If I find things getting flaky again, I'll bump this thread (hopefully with better details).

Thanks!
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up