INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD SUPPORT  (Read 37877 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IPOD SUPPORT
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2003, 09:41:13 am »

IDSmoker and jhubers,

I now have AudibleManager 3.6 installed in addition to RealOne and WMP. I still cannot import the sample .aa file that IDSmoker sent me into MC. Every time I import the file I am prompted to give my Audible Username and Password. These are excepted, but then the box appears again and again. I assume you both can import the files. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Steve

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2003, 11:49:12 am »

SteveG:
I did a "quick format" of my Ipod in Windows, came back into MJ, and it asked me to reformat my Ipod- that quick format got rid of the "read stream error".
One thing that may have prompted it is that I have an epson photo 825 printer.  This printer has a PC card slot on the front, and when I turn that printer on, it grabs a drive letter in My Computer.  Perhaps this was the drive letter that MJ wanted to be the Ipod?  I don't know.... just trying to think of what went wrong.

SteveG

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2003, 12:28:25 pm »

Everyone,

A new iPod Plugin (3.0.46).

Changes include:

1) Playlists should now be alphabetized on the iPod

2) Improved error messaging for if files fail to upload so you can check if perhaps the files have the wrong path in MC.

jhubers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2003, 01:40:52 pm »

Steve,

I have never seen this.  I am never prompted for my Audible username/pword when I try to open a .aa file in MC.  It just starts up the audible player (always in full-screen mode for some reason) and plays the file.  It may have asked me once when I first tried it many months ago, but I don't remember.  It sound like it is not really accepting the uname/pword you are entering.  After opening it, I can then stop playing it.  It now appears in my Playing Now list in MC.  It lets me drag it to my IPOD and when I switch to the IPOD view, it appears as being queued for upload.  If I try to upload it, it flashes the Uploading dialog and returns with no errors but the file is never actually uploaded.  

Dave T

• World Citizen
Transcoding?
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2003, 03:35:21 pm »

Steve et al:

I've been away for a while, and just checked the thread.  I see that people are saying that the plugin is about ready.  Awesome!!  But, I haven't seen anyone explicitly mention the issues I was having with transcoding.

So, are you now able to transcode (convert mp3's to a lower bitrate), without requiring googles of free space on your drive?

And, is there a way to set it up to use a faster codec, so that it doesn't take 30 hours to copy to a 20 gig ipod?

Thanks.

- Dave

coxkevin

• Recent member
  • Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2003, 04:18:10 pm »

So, are you now able to transcode (convert mp3's to a lower bitrate), without requiring googles of free space on your drive?

And, is there a way to set it up to use a faster codec, so that it doesn't take 30 hours to copy to a 20 gig ipod?

Hi Steve!!!

Been using MJ since version 7 and started lurking here  8) when I got my iPod for XMas.  I must say I'm exceptionally pleased with both MC and the iPod plug-in.  

I ran into the same transcoding problems as Dave T almost immediately after trying to transfer my music.  Consequently, I'd like to second his request to delete the temporary files as they're transferred and to enable the transcoding from a higher MP3 data rate stored on a computer to a lower one for playing on the iPod.  

I'm also hoping that MC 9 will be able to keep track of changes to the original file and associated tags to prevent it from performing transcoding of each song with every sync.

In my feeble opinion, I think it would be very useful to allow the user be able to normalize against the replay gain instead of/or as an alternative option to normalizing against the song peaks.

Adam, Kurt, Dave, et al -- keep up the great debugging, you're making it so much easier on the rest of us!!!   ;)

Steve, you're a patient, patient, man -- thanks a million...   ;D
"Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."  
-- Lazarus Long

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2003, 01:40:17 am »

I have two IPods the first connected and experienced bug one below.

One -- I've written about this before. When synching to my IPod, I find most of the songs in a playlist that should have been updated gone, e.g. one playlist had 102 songs before the update and 3 songs after.

The second IPod is recognized but only with contacts and calendars.  Nothing else is recognized -- playlists, composers, etc.

Add insult to injury  :P there is no option to reformat and try over.

Help.

John

Has anyone else experienced synch problems with .101.

I've finally got my firewire port working and synching well. I'd like to upgrade to get the tag look up back but I'd rather know if the synch works OK first.

Steve: since the last plug-in build the 'Stream Error' problem has gone. Thanks.

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2003, 03:58:43 am »

I'm getting sync errors, too.  Details below.

I upgraded both my plugin and my MJ (46 & 101).
I reformatted my Ipod using Windows Quick Format.
I opened up MJ, and when I left or right clicked on the G: drive in Handhelds, was not presented with an option to format my Ipod for MJ.  Instead, I was shown the usual menu- show queued files only, etc.
I tried this twice, reformatting my Ipod in Windows, etc.

At this point, I had an empty Ipod, and no way to get much on it- it was getting time for bed, so I did a bad, bad thing......
I downloaded and installed Ephpod 2.60d.  I then went back into MJ and exported all the smartlists I use on my Ipod.  Next, ephpod formatted my Ipod, and I proceeded to move those playlists onto my Ipod.
This morning, those playlists are playing correctly on my Ipod.

SteveG

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2003, 04:58:07 am »

McLaugh,

If you were not seeing the Format option, the Plug-in was not registered correctly.  A redownload of the  Plug-in should correct this.

Mindracing,

It appears the last two builds are pretty stable.

CoxKevin and Dave T,

I need to resolve this yet.

Steve

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2003, 05:53:13 am »

hey, im not seeing any of those cool ipod icons devotee designed on mine? whats up with that?
---------

SteveG

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2003, 08:31:45 am »

jhubers,

The problem for me is that it accepts my username and password, it just keeps asking for it and then accepting it. Any other ideas?

Will,

Icons are coming. We have to finish baking the cake before we ice it.

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2003, 08:55:40 am »

IDSmoker and jhubers,

I now have AudibleManager 3.6 installed in addition to RealOne and WMP. I still cannot import the sample .aa file that IDSmoker sent me into MC. Every time I import the file I am prompted to give my Audible Username and Password. These are excepted, but then the box appears again and again. I assume you both can import the files. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Steve

Have you tried playing the file within AudibleManager?  Does this give you similiar problems?  I would assume that if the file works within AudibleManager, it should work within MC9...

The only other things I can think of is that perhaps the order in which the players are installed might make a difference (unlikely), or maybe there is user/licensing info embedded in the file I sent you?  

Neither seems likely, but I'm out of ideas...

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2003, 10:09:22 am »

Steve, I have no idea how Audible handles their programs but maybe you need to run the program solo one time, not through MC but just by running it by itself and possibly enter all info into the programs properties there. Then I would try it through MC (and on windows do a restart to be safe...)

Payam

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2003, 11:42:33 am »

Hi all, just in case, there has been a few postings by me and others about some iPod battery stuff and just in case you are interested or are experiencing some bad battery behaviour you may want to check out my post in the thread I started in the iPodlounge under 'Battery need I say more?'http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/dennx/index.cgi?board=ipodgeneral&action=display&num=1042979777&start=15
I rant on about a little test I did it is a longer message on page two you can't miss it  :)

Payam

navinjohnson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2003, 08:07:42 am »

Ok, Ipod newbie here... simple question (I think)... what is the proper, current way to prepare my 10gb PC-iPod for MC9?  I have the latest MC9 and plugin as of today.  Thanks!

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2003, 09:18:18 am »

Ok, Ipod newbie here... simple question (I think)... what is the proper, current way to prepare my 10gb PC-iPod for MC9?  I have the latest MC9 and plugin as of today.  Thanks!

Plug in your ipod, and open MC9, then expand the cd,dvd, and handhelds in the MC9 tree.  Your ipod will show up as a letter drive with a funky looking black icon with a screen--kinda looks like a pda.  Right click on this, you will then get a grey options menu; among other things on that menu will be an option to format--go ahead and click on format, it takes a couple of seconds, then you're good to go...

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2003, 05:34:28 pm »

Navinjohnson:

There's also a little user guide here.  You can ignore all the MMJB stuff if you haven't installed that.....

Adam

SteveG

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2003, 11:52:57 am »

Everyone,

Anyone who needs to play Audible files, please get the latest Plug-in (3.0.47) . You should be all set.

Steve

gtorres

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2003, 12:09:14 pm »

OK, I have the latest MC9 (.103).

I go to the plugins webpage where I see the latets Ipod plugin (3.0.47).

I click on it and I get "Invalid package file. Cannot continue."

What am I doing wrong?

Info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1466 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 261 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W2410A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jhubers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2003, 10:10:14 pm »

Steve,
I can now upload .aa files to the IPOD via MC, but they won't play.  In fact, if I add audible files via Ephpod, though won't play either.  Something is still screwed-up here.  It seems that once I have loaded stuff on a newly formatted IPOD via MC, Ephpod no longer works for .aa files.  As I mentioned earlier, MC and Ephpod had been coexisting nicely until recent versions of the plug-in.

SteveG

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2003, 05:19:16 am »

Gtorres,

Are you able to donwload any other Plug-ins?

Can you try checking the following link.....

http://www.mediajukebox.com/mediajukebox/pluginproblems.html

JHubers,

I assume these files are .aa.  If so, prior to the current Plug-in I don't see how transferring .aa files could have worked with MC before the recent bug fix.  If your files are failing with Ephpod and MC, I think there is something going on with the files themselves or with your Audible account / software. If you can verify that you can successfully transfer/play .aa files on your iPod with Ephpod, let me know. If not try attacking this from the angle that there is a problem with the files.

IDSmoker,

Can you confirm the problem JHubers is having?

Steve

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2003, 08:47:44 am »

Steve,
I can now upload .aa files to the IPOD via MC, but they won't play.  In fact, if I add audible files via Ephpod, though won't play either.  Something is still screwed-up here.  It seems that once I have loaded stuff on a newly formatted IPOD via MC, Ephpod no longer works for .aa files.  As I mentioned earlier, MC and Ephpod had been coexisting nicely until recent versions of the plug-in.

Can you confirm which format your Audible files are?  I know that formats 1 & 2 will not work on the iPod, irregardless of how they are transferred.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to see if Steve's latest fix works for Audible files (been away from my home PC all weekend, the only time I'm able to work on my MP3s).

jhubers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2003, 09:43:31 am »

Steve,
I was not transferring .aa files previously with MC.  I used MC for my music and Ephpod for my audible files.  The Audible files (all type 4) work just fine.  The "won't play" bug is exactly the same as what I reported last week.  If I re-initialize my IPOD, I can use Ephpod to upload my .aa files and they work just fine.  But If I try to add .aa files via either MC or Ephpod AFTER I have used MC to upload music files, the .aa files appear to upload just fine, but do not play.  With the file selected on the IPOD, hitting the center button does absolutely nothing: no error message, screen doesn't change, file doesn't play.

SteveG

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2003, 12:12:45 pm »

jhubers,

What happens if you upload .mp3 files with the .aa files? Do they play?

Can you check the filename path and verify that the file is or is not in the appropriate folder on the iPod?

jhubers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »

Steve,
I experimented with 4 .aa files.  I could never get more than 2 of them to work on the IPOD.  I reformatted the IPOD from within MC after each trial.  I tried uploading them all at once, uploading them one at a time, disconnecting IPOD between uploads, changing the order that the files uploaded in, and no there was no pattern at all.  Sometimes file 1 would play, sometimes file 1&2, but never got three of them to work.  And once 1 failed, all additional .aa files added failed.  After reformatting with MC, I used Ephpod to upload all 4 files.  They worked flawlessly.

Yes, the file paths, file names and files sizes appear to be correct.  I can see the files fine on the IPOD as an external drive.

Again, after uploading my music (about 16gbs), no .aa files would upload properly using either MC or Ephpod.  Additional MP3's still uploaded fine.

Starting with a newly formatted IPOD, I uploaded 4 .aa files and 6 mp3's together in various orders.  All mp3's always worked, never more than 2 .aa files worked.  Tried uploading 6 mp3's first and then uploading 1 .aa file.  All files worked.  Tried other 3 .aa files.  None of the new files worked, all old ones did.

SteveG

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2003, 04:32:30 am »

jhubers,

I have three .aa files and can transfer and play them with no problem. Maybe IDSmoker or another .aa user can test and let me know if your problem is isolated. You could also try emailing me a couple of your files so I can test them here.

steve @ jriver.com

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2003, 03:07:01 am »

I might have mentioned this earlier sometime: Wouldn't it be a good idea if the plugin asks for the drive letter the iPod is listed under (or lets you specify it under properties)? Similar to the way it works (or worked) in ephpod. That way, it would not matter how the iPod was named just as long as the drive letter is there. This is not a big thing, but some people enjoy giving their iPod a name. It may also decrease the trouble some new users are having with the plugin (if it can't find the iPod under a different name).
Just a thought

Payam

SteveG

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2003, 04:45:26 am »

Payam,

You can currently name the iPod whatever you want. You just have to notify the Plug-in of what you have named it so it can be recognized. The iPod appears to your system as any other drive. We detect it by checking the volume label name. By doing this we can uniquely identify it as something other than just a removable drive which would not be handled by the iPod Plugin.

Steve

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2003, 10:11:26 am »

Ah so, well then sorry for my post. Well done, I tried to rename the Device under properties earlier and it did not work, but I suppose that I have to do that first on the iPod and then in the properties. Now for all the super users with more than one iPod I suppose it would be good for them to be able to specify two names in properties?

Payam

P.S. Ever tried to have the buffer for the transfer to the iPod at about 32 MB? I don't know if it would matter but it could be, that the iPod can handle files that are small enough to the Ram quicker. So not have the buffer size be 50 MB like firewire is supposed to be able to handle but around 30 that the iPod might be able to handle quicker. Just a thought

SteveG

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2003, 12:27:53 pm »

Payam,

Thanks. I will play with this and see if it makes a difference.

zepkin

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2003, 07:13:55 am »

I am having trouble changing my iPod's name when using Media Center 9.  Not sure which version of the program or the plugin (downloaded them both last night, the program from the thread specifying that it was the latest and greatest beta).  As soon as I change the name in Windows, Media Center 9 fails to recognize my iPod and states something about going to the plugins and reconfiguring my volume label.  I did this to no avail.  I entered the exact same name in the volume label area as my iPod's new name.  If I change the name back (alas, to just 'ipod'), it works.  Any ideas??  I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Center 9 and the plugin.  Nothin' works!  Argh!

SteveG

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2003, 01:22:32 pm »

zepkin,

This is a bug. For now, if you make your volume label all in capitals, you should be OK. This is fixed and will be in the next Plug-in build so that you can have mixed cases.

Thanks.

Steve

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2003, 01:44:27 pm »

I posted this as a different thread, but since no one answered, I decided to post here as well, since this bug is really bugging me :-) If anyone cna give me any directions, it will be greatly appreciated.

"
After some attempts I managed to upload my songs to my new IPOD. Then, I created some smartlists, and made some updates and everything was fine. Now, out of nowhere, I just can't sync my IPOD anymore. MC gives me a "stream data error" message and crashes when I click the h: drive under Cd, DVD and handhelds. I am runnning the latest plug-in, and did nothing new since my last sync, so I can´t imagine what is wrong.  
"

Alexandre

SteveG

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2003, 02:52:40 pm »

Alexandre,

Can you try reformatting your iPod from within Windows? You will lose all your data, but hopefully be back in business. Alternately you could delete the iTunesDB file on iPod and recreate it when you get connected. I would suggest plan 1.

Steve

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2003, 04:34:50 am »

I can see the IPOD normally on the Windows, so there is no problem in reformatting, but for my cowardice :-[. I thought about that, before posting, but got scared - now, the IPOD is working with the 3876 songs. But if there is no better way to do it, I will take a deep breath and go for it... Let's hope for the best. ::)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2003, 05:06:03 am »

I get the same problem: Stream error.

I have learned to live with it though.

It is intermittent.

I have found that it is best to have the iPOD connected before starting MC.

If I right click on the iPOD all will be fine. If I left click I sometines get the stream error. Windows continues to see the iPOD OK and explorer can navigate the files - it's just MC that can't. Only way out is to format and start again.

Disconnecting (using 'Safely remove...') when MC is running will allow me to reconnect and see the iPOD. However, stopping MC before disconnecting, then reconnecting and then starting MC causes the stream error.

I have just accepted it as a 'characteristic' for now - I'm sure it will be resolved eventually.

salazar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2003, 06:00:12 am »

Okay, I know this is slightly off topic but this problem is REALLY spoiling my iPOD experience!

have a 120G Maxtor 5000DV and a 20G iPOD that I want to use with the 1394 Firewire port on my Dell X200 notebook.

New 10GB Wipod daisychained with 120G Maxtor 5000DV on Dell Laptop.  
I was reading through this board and saw that you had a pretty similar setup.  I am thinking about checking out MC 9 and I was wondering how files sync with the iPOD and the Maxtor 120G.  When I tried with MMJB it took ages since every file seemed to be copied through my laptop before being sent to the iPOD.  Does this program have the ability to go straight from the external drive to the iPOD.  I don't want to format until I'm sure.

salazar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2003, 06:00:57 am »

Okay, I know this is slightly off topic but this problem is REALLY spoiling my iPOD experience!

have a 120G Maxtor 5000DV and a 20G iPOD that I want to use with the 1394 Firewire port on my Dell X200 notebook.

New 10GB Wipod daisychained with 120G Maxtor 5000DV on Dell Laptop.  
I was reading through this board and saw that you had a pretty similar setup.  I am thinking about checking out MC 9 and I was wondering how files sync with the iPOD and the Maxtor 120G.  When I tried with MMJB it took ages since every file seemed to be copied through my laptop before being sent to the iPOD.  Does this program have the ability to go straight from the external drive to the iPOD.  I don't want to format until I'm sure.

SteveG

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2003, 06:29:29 am »

Mindracing and AlexBrasil,

I cannot duplicate this.  I will keep trying and if I can get it to give me the error, I will fix it.

Salazar,

During synching, MC should copy the files directly without moving them through an intermediate step.

Steve

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2003, 08:19:54 am »

Set Up:
Ok, yesterday, Sunday the 2nd, I went through my regular routine.  I downloaded the latest version of MC9 and the plugin (105 and 47, I think).  I reformated my iPod, and used the 'Syncronize' function to reload my iPod with a random 17.5gb of mp3s as well as the audible book I'm currently working on.

Invalid File Message at end of Sync:
I kept getting a message box that listed a bunch of my mp3s and said something about them being invalid (forgot to get a screenshot of the message).  The list of files was so long, that it seemed to overflow the client area of the message box... the text ended with unprintable characters.

After looking at the iPod, I realized that several play/smart lists were missing.  Logical, since it seems the lists are the last thing uploaded and if the process breaks before it gets there....

This error message seemed to occur no matter what I tried.  First sync on a clean iPod, sync'n after one or more failed attempts.  I tried re-importing my music as well as updating the library database.  Nothing seemed to make a difference.

Finally, I tried creating a whole new 'media library' and starting from scratch (BTW, is there some way I'm missing that will allow me to re-import a smartlist, instead of bringing it in as a regular playlist?).  After recreating my iPod-centric play/smart lists, I tried syncing again, and lo and behold... it got through the entire process without generating any error messages!  

Unfortunately, I discovered that the iPod was still missing a number of my lists, but at least it had all of the ones I consider 'critical'.  Since it was late, I called it good enough... except for the following...

Problems with Uploading Audible Files:
<snip>
The "won't play" bug is exactly the same as what I reported last week.  If I re-initialize my IPOD, I can use Ephpod to upload my .aa files and they work just fine.  But If I try to add .aa files via either MC or Ephpod AFTER I have used MC to upload music files, the .aa files appear to upload just fine, but do not play.  With the file selected on the IPOD, hitting the center button does absolutely nothing: no error message, screen doesn't change, file doesn't play.

jhubers,
I have three .aa files and can transfer and play them with no problem. Maybe IDSmoker or another .aa user can test and let me know if your problem is isolated.
<snip>

Bad news Steve, I'm seeing the same problem jhubers is, except that after using MC9 to upload '.mp3' and '.aa'
files, and determining that the Audible files won't play (I didn't try them all, but the first 3 I tried to play on iPod got the same result as jhubers, namely, nothing happened), I'm able to use Ephpod to delete the audible files, reload them, and add them to a playlist created within MC9.

Any suggestions for these issues?

salazar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2003, 09:01:09 am »

Steve

Thanks, I intalled MC 9 and synced with my ipod everything seemed to go well at first.  The transfer was much faster than with MMJB and like you said it went straight from the external drive to the iPOD.

But I encountered one problem.
I synced my first playlist about 2GB and then removed those files from my media library (they're speech files that I don't listen to at home, just on the road, so I don't keep them cluttering up my library).  Before I synced my second playlist (about 1GB of music) I made sure that I unchecked "Delete files not in list", the new playlist was added and the original files remained on my ipod but they were no longer in a playlist.  I'm not sure if I should do something different or if this is a bug.

Salazar

SteveG

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2003, 09:30:52 am »

Salazar,

Did you check after the first synch to see if not only the files were on iPod, bu that the playlist existed?

If so, this is probably a bug and I will have to take a look.

IDSmoker,

The invalid file message most likely occurs when you have files in your library that are not valid. (for example if you have file paths that are no longer valid). To correct this, try doing an update on your library.

In regards to the .aa files, I can try to verify this if you could send me some of the files that don't play. The one you sent before and the two that I have, work fine. I need some that fail so I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Steve

salazar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2003, 10:32:51 am »

Salazar,

Did you check after the first synch to see if not only the files were on iPod, bu that the playlist existed?

If so, this is probably a bug and I will have to take a look.

Thanks,
Steve

Yeah, I checked, the playlist was on the iPOD originally after the first synch

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2003, 12:33:55 pm »

<snip>
IDSmoker,

The invalid file message most likely occurs when you have files in your library that are not valid. (for example if you have file paths that are no longer valid). To correct this, try doing an update on your library.

In regards to the .aa files, I can try to verify this if you could send me some of the files that don't play. The one you sent before and the two that I have, work fine. I need some that fail so I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

I did try the "Update Library" function (can't remember exactly which options I used, but I do know that I went through the help file carefully to ensure that I had it set up correctly).  The update process seemed to work correctly.

Even though I had formatted the iPod prior to "Updating" the library, the subsequent sync produced the same error message.

The only way I was able to do even a partially correct sync was to create a completely 'fresh' library, do a full import, rebuild my iPod specific smartlists, and only then doing a snyc.  Even then, although I didn't get any error messages, I was still missing several playlists.

I'll see if I can get the Audible file I've previously emailed you to work correctly (it's the smallest one I have).  If it does work, I'll have to check the other small files I have... I'm afraid that the ones that failed yesterday are all part of one of Robert Jordan's mega novels, each segment/file is more than 50mb.  ::)

Could the size of the file be part of the problem?  How large are the other 2 Audible files you've been using for testing?

I'll let you know when I have more information.

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2003, 12:35:17 pm »

It didn't work  :( I went to windows, did a format, went to MC and it recognized my IPOD. I was so happy. Click on synchronize, select the playlists and wnet for it. It start to synch (extremely fast) and after a while, a very wide error message appears saying that a lot of files couldn't be uploaded. I looked at it and they were all the songs I haven't on my IPOD before the format ?

I did a quick format on Windows. Should I do a full one?

Alexandre

SteveG

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2003, 04:13:55 am »

Salazar,

What you are seeing is by design. The Synch is designed to have your iPod mirror what is on your PC. When you removed the files that were in your first playlist and then resynched, iPod removed the files from the Playlist and then removed the empty playlist. For now you could recreate your Playlist manually and add your files back into it. Alternately, you could drag and drop the files onto your iPod and not use the synch.

IDSmoker,

I don't think size matters (no joke intended) although the ones I have used in the past were small.

AlexBrasil,

Update your Library in MC to make sure that your file paths are all correct.

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2003, 08:12:01 am »

:D Well, I decided to make a restore using the Apple software, and after that did a new synch and everything was fine... I hope, though, that someone figure out this gremlin on MC before it starts again... ::)

Thanks for the help,
Alexandre

salazar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2003, 05:30:18 pm »

Steve,

Is there any way to add in the ability, to select an option which could leave playlists on the iPOD unless you select to delete them

SteveG

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2003, 03:57:49 am »

Salazar,

Yes, I will implement this in a coming version.

Steve

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2003, 02:06:16 pm »

Off Topic Slightly here.......

Massive Ipod user, love the plugin........

Does anyone have any recommendations for good comfortable high quality headphones / ear phones to use with it?

PS  Feel free to tell me to open a new topic if necessary!

Graham
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up