INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing contents of two external drives in one library view [SOLVED]  (Read 486 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen

How do I see the contents of two external drives in one library view? Both drives show up (e.g. as 'E' and 'Q' in Files) and both are in Files>Library>Import>Configure Auto-Import. I've tried adding the second drive in Customize View>Set rules for file display. There seems to be the problem: I can only choose one or the other drive, 'E' or 'Q', even though Set rules for file display>Edit search allows the user to 'Add New Rule'. After I add the new rule, no files show up in the library until I remove one of the rules.

OK...nice easy solution. Add a bracket to the left of the first rule and to the right of the last rule. Just hover the mouse in the area to the left and right of the rule, and a bracket will appear.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Viewing contents of two external drives in one library view
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:19:06 pm »

The edit button is used for modifying various parameters (file types to look for, child folders to include/exclude, etc.) for the initial drive/folder you selected when you clicked on the Add button. To add a new drive/folder, click on the Add button again. Repeat as often as needed to include as many different drives and locations as your heart desires.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 06:05:39 am »

After I add the new rule, no files show up in the library until I remove one of the rules.

Because as-is, the rules mean "and". You need "or". I'm on my phone which is hard. Can someone show how that's done please 😄

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 06:43:44 am »

Simply don't add any rule about the file's path. All files are shown by default, rules are added to limit what is included.

If you still want to add rules to include files in E and Q, you need an OR rule like Marko says ("show files with path starting with E: OR path starting with Q:"). To do that you need to add both rules, then click on the blank space to the left of the first rule and to the right of the last rule - this causes parenthesis to show up, which is how you define the OR. Hover the mouse on the parenthesis to get more info.

Alternatively, add both rules then click on "Import/Export" button, and type an "OR" between the rules in the expression that shows up.

Example screenshot here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96799.0

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Viewing contents of two external drives in one library view [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 10:43:43 am »

Thanks zybex 😊
Pages: [1]   Go Up