INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What scrapers are currently being used  (Read 555 times)

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What scrapers are currently being used
« on: January 17, 2023, 01:28:11 pm »

My new videos have been piling up for a very long time, and I am ready to organize and tag. The last time I organized, TVDB was cleaned out and blocking people. Is it back up and running? What scraping sites does JRiver currently use for TV and movies? I ask because in the past I always made my TV series name match TVDB.

Thanks

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: What scrapers are currently being used
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 01:39:46 pm »

TMDb is used for both movies and series

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 11:14:06 am »

Thanks lepa.
TMDb is used for both movies and series

I have had bad luck with TMDB for TV shows, but I will persevere. For example, almost 100 years of Looney tunes are not there. No fault of JRiver of course. TV scraping is a mess with different dvd orders vs aired orders, and specials. I am not sure the trouble is worth the results. Luckily JRiver works great without scraping if media is organized nicely. Maybe I will try to just scrape the dead simple TV shows.

macdonjh

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 11:08:27 am »

Thanks lepa.
I have had bad luck with TMDB for TV shows, but I will persevere. For example, almost 100 years of Looney tunes are not there. No fault of JRiver of course. TV scraping is a mess with different dvd orders vs aired orders, and specials. I am not sure the trouble is worth the results. Luckily JRiver works great without scraping if media is organized nicely. Maybe I will try to just scrape the dead simple TV shows.

I also had a hard time getting my Looney Tunes to tag properly.  I think I finally did it somewhat manually using Season and Episode data from a "stand alone" website and then using JRiver's connection/ link with either TVDB or TMDd to provide the thumbnail, synopsis and premiere date.  I wish I could remember which website(s) I used for the initial data...

Whichever JRiver database I used used Season = year of release and Episode is a sequential number, likely the order that particular cartoon was released that year.  For example, "Bugs Bunny Rides Again" is tagged as S1948E15 in my Library.  Good luck getting your cartoons tagged.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 11:02:26 pm »

Good luck getting your cartoons tagged.
Thanks
I organized most of my Looney Tunes based on TVDB which uses year for season. I did this right before they went weird so i never had a chance to scrape them.

They show up fine in MC because I do a lot of manual organizing then use Tag on Import to get everything named properly. I even parse genre out of the file name.

So all is well, I just won't get too concerned with having everything scraped. I have a very large library, and a lot to add to it,  so this will actually make life easier.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 11:37:15 pm »

...TVDB ... I did this right before they went weird ...

Yeah, I'll proffer that your comment is most kind towards what TVDB has done.

imho, TVDB seems to have gathered mounds of information from people who were led to think they were contributing to an entity that wanted to share that information.

Unfortunately, TVDB was then sold to an entity that now seems to want to profit from all that freely contributed information.

imho, it is sad.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up