INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Series Inside Genres  (Read 339 times)

Purecut

• World Citizen
Movie Series Inside Genres
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:09:11 am »

Is it possible to add a new TAG that will handle movie series inside a genre correctly.
If I do it inside Video -> Movies -> Genre -> MovieSeries "if(isequal([Series],[name]),[series],[series])" I get automatically a group "Unknown". Inside the "Unknown" Group are all the movies that do not belong to a MovieSeries inside the genre.
I wish there is a TAG that displays the Series in correct way like TV Series and that single movies inside the genre are correctly displayed and not all into a group "Unknown".

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie Series Inside Genres
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:28:50 am »

"if(isequal([Series],[name]),[series],[series])"
This expression always returns "[series]" regardless of the [name]. It says "if X=Y then X else X", so it always returns X.

Assuming your "Series" (or MovieSeries) field is blank for movies that do not belong to a series, you could group by "firstNotEmpty(Series, Name)"

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 05:53:39 am »

I really would like to see a collection option for movies. For example Rocky or Harry Potter. Like in Kodi. You choose the Harry Potter collection in Theater Mode and it will display all the Harry Potter movies. In Kodi you got the option group movies into collection. Excellent feature. This is one of the most missed features from Kodi for me.

eve

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 04:53:21 pm »

I really would like to see a collection option for movies. For example Rocky or Harry Potter. Like in Kodi. You choose the Harry Potter collection in Theater Mode and it will display all the Harry Potter movies. In Kodi you got the option group movies into collection. Excellent feature. This is one of the most missed features from Kodi for me.
Do you have the metadata in files (like .nfo) for Kodi to use?

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 03:13:20 am »

I don’t use Kodi on my HTPC. There is only JRiver 30 installed.

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 02:19:09 pm »

Yeah that would be nice, at the moment i use the "series" function for that, but a collection will probably work better.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 03:09:48 pm »

You mean like the screenshot below?
Theater View is customizable, you can easily add this Collection grouping. Each tile opens to show the movies on that series/collection.

In the "Set rules for file display" (2nd screenshot) you should add a rule to select "Series - is not - empty", so that only collections show up.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 02:05:58 am »

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 02:18:46 am »

As I mentioned, each icon opens to show the list of movies in the collection. You can name it as you like and the layout/theme is configurable. Some effort required.

I agree that this would be a nice feature to have out of the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up