More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Windows

NEW: Additional video file metadata

<< < (2/19) > >>

eve:

--- Quote from: amandalishus on February 04, 2023, 04:33:14 pm ---Y'know, I've been using MC for well over a decade now... One might think that eventually you'll run out of ways to wow me with a new feature, and yet you keep doing it regularly and reliably, year after year. In fact, I've learned that if I haven't been blown away by a new feature in the last couple of releases, I need to go back to the changelog for each build and see what I missed.

This time it's the audio streams... I'm a sucker for the commentary track on movies I like, and I've invested quite a bit of time and money adding audio streams to movies for which I've purchased RiffTrax as well. I've added custom database fields to help me keep track, but that only works when I remember to populate them. I've had much the same problem with subtitles, since I started trying to collect them when I recently became friends with someone who is losing their hearing. He's already quite impressed with the scope of options MC offers for displaying subtitles, but I'm sure it will make him even happier once I don't need to start the movie to determine whether I have them or not.

Anyway, thanks again for your ceaseless work improving what was already the best media library and player around  :-* I may have to apply for the beta channel if Build 60 isn't out by Valentine's Day  ;D

--- End quote ---

I'm really glad it happened! It does seem like users of JRiver are more likely to place a value on, and actually have, audio commentaries due to the fact that JRiver incorporates robust BDMV ripping and playback.
Considering that there's a pretty strong set of remote control options for JRiver, it was always a weird deficit that I couldn't 'read' what tracks were available for a currently playing item.

Thanks again Hendrik!

eve:
For clarity I have a question.

I use MakeMKV for ingest (well sort of) and I try to tag most relevant audio / sub tracks with meaningful info. This I find is very helpful, especially once I start muxing in other audio mixes.
A release may have the best video, but it's audio may be lacking or I may prefer say, a theatrical audio mix, not to mention licensing issues for various commentary tracks recorded over the years which prevent their inclusion in releases. I also tend to run OCR on image based subs since rendering text based subs leads to much nicer, more consistent results.

I assume that the new "Title" field for audio and sub tracks will match what I've labelled a track in MakeMKV?

jmone:
Looking good!  While most of my HDR content is UHD BD rips that I'll check with later when supported, I've run it over my HDR Home Videos and compared it to what I've been pulling with SOT (Media Info).  Couple of things:
- HDR Mastering Color Space:  Seems to be blank (was Expecting "Display P3")
- A new field for "Scan Type"?: eg Interlaced vs Progressive

jmone:
...and it is quick!

lepa:

--- Quote from: eve on February 04, 2023, 06:08:10 pm ---I assume that the new "Title" field for audio and sub tracks will match what I've labelled a track in MakeMKV?

--- End quote ---
That is correct

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version