More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Windows

NEW: Additional video file metadata

<< < (14/19) > >>

Hendrik:
The 0.0 case should be fixed in the next build.

If it actually has a value, are you sure its not actually playing as a square video as well? Something in the file would have it compute that.

lepa:
'Video.DisplayAspectRatio_String' from Mediainfo gives me 4:3 and file also plays as 1.33

jmone:
I'm certainly not going to die on a hill about aspect ratios (as you say they are (currently) informational)....and I'm a 16:9 display only user.... but my argument would be:
- One is about the video frame
- The other is about what part of the video frame the content uses.

It may make a difference for those with the screens that have masking?  No Idea....

It also just feels wrong, to have one field that can have two different values pending what process was used when.

I've got all sorts of odd looking aspect ratios (but I'll send you a link to an XL dump of my videos with the new fields) that will show the ones skipped, the 0.00 and the ones that are just... odd (you can ignore the test pattern ones).  TBH I'll personally just stick to the calculated ones over black bar detection with my setup, but thanks for looking.

Hendrik:
I can't really do anything with a list of metadata. A few select samples would be helpful. (Also, Aspect Ratio seems to not be in that?). Don't need 0.00 samples, thats just a bug and will be fixed.

In general, its not making up data for aspect ratio, so if its coming up with a value that is not 0.00, then that is based on data from the file. In the simplest case just w / h, but many files also have an aspect ratio beyond that for anamorphic rendering. So if you have a file with the dimensions of 720x576, which has a natural aspect of 1.25 (w / h), then something is transforming it to 1.00, that value is not an accident.

Sometimes there can be conflicting info in a file. The video stream says one thing, the container another, and which value to give priority is a long debate. I'll double check the preference matches what playback uses.

A sample would of course let me make sure.

jmone:
Fair enough (I send the fixed XL file with aspect ratio this time ;) )  I'll redo once the 0.00 thing is fixed and report back with specific examples but two I mentioned earlier that don't get any values are the UHD BD version of "Fury" and "The Patriot"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version