INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRiver media 29 to play music files on a remote SSD  (Read 644 times)

AndyPS

Using JRiver media 29 to play music files on a remote SSD
« on: February 07, 2023, 05:07:31 am »

Hi I have JRiver Media 29, ATM all my FLAC music files are on my laptop and i use JRiver to play them on my Cambridge 851N Network player, as both my laptop and my player are connected on the same network. I'm thinking of buying a HiFI Rose 150b Network streamer and move all my music from my laptop to a SSD drive in the network player. That will free up space on my laptop but also remove the laptop from the music path. My question is will JRiver media be able to find my music on the network player's SSD and play it ?(again the network player and my laptop will be both connected by ethernet on the same network) look forward to information and advice :)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using JRiver media 29 to play music files on a remote SSD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 07:37:17 am »

Yes, the drive can be shared and visible to your PC via the network, so you can add it to MC's AutoImport and use your laptop to copy files into it. You have to enable SMB 1.0 share on the Rose:
https://community.roseaudio.kr/t/how-to-download-files-from-pc-to-rs150-rs201-via-network-smb-1-0/53

Note that SMB 1.0 is deprecated and disabled by default in Windows, you'll need to enable it there too (I don't know about MacOS default). Obviously the drive will only be accessible when the unit is powered on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up