INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View help  (Read 709 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View help
« on: January 16, 2023, 05:50:43 pm »

Using Theater View. Settings for which are set on the server PC, even though I play from another PC.

I have two main choices: Movies and Shows. Easy.

From “Movies” I have three choices: Name, Director, Decade.

When I enter Movies MC always shows Decade first, even though it is the third option. How can I change this?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Theater View help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 11:07:02 am »

Options.... Theater view.  You should be able to change the order of those options on that screen.  Select "decade" and move it up or down.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 07:11:03 pm »

Options.... Theater view.  You should be able to change the order of those options on that screen.  Select "decade" and move it up or down.
Did that. It’s in the third place. And it’s in the third place when I go to that view, too. But the view *starts* with it already selected. I don’t want the third item on the list selected first. Do I need to move “Name” to third place? Is the last item, not the first, the submenu that is automatically selected?

Denti

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 08:24:37 pm »

To answer my own question: no, moving “Name” to the third position changed nothing. It still starts with Decade selected first. Why? What is going on here?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 10:39:38 pm »

Go into theater view on the server and select Movies > Name
Go back to standard view.
Exit MC, and the server in the system tray if it's running there.
Restart MC
Restart the client.

Better now?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 11:22:50 pm »

To answer my own question: no, moving “Name” to the third position changed nothing. It still starts with Decade selected first. Why? What is going on here?

"starts with Decade selected first", but it is not the first item in the list, right?

I believe MC selects the item you selected last time.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 11:39:31 am »

I believe MC selects the item you selected last time.
Confirming that (at least for me) MC will return to the view I last selected.... no matter the order of settings for "Movies" in theater view.  Same with images and music.  So not sure what's going on there.  I am however using V29... not 30.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 11:57:11 am »

and, if you're using a client, as the OP is, the client begins with the last selected view on the server. Hence my previous post.

If you generally don't use theater view on the server itself, it's actually quite good because it means regardless of where you were previously on the client, it will always begin wherever the server was last used.

Denti

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 01:47:51 pm »

Great, thanks for your help, everyone! I haven’t tested it yet, but I suspect the server is where I need to make the selection for it to stay that way on the client.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 02:32:49 am »

and, if you're using a client, as the OP is, the client begins with the last selected view on the server. Hence my previous post.

I'd really like to see an "official" comment on this.

Here is why...

I have an MC client running in the entertainment center here.  That MC client looks to the MC server running on my desktop PC for inspiration, knowledge and musical data. :)

In the past i had issues with the MC clients displaying, let's say, pictures in Theater Mode that were inappropriate for family viewing.

So I disabled "google" as a source of images for Theater mode on the client in the entertainment center.  And the problem went away.

So, my question, as this point, is a much larger one, and one that I'd prefer see documented (how can I help?)...

When I wander into the Options menu selection on an MC server or a MC client, what settings affect all clients connected to that server, and what setting affect only the client upon which I have changed the setting?

Via trial and error, I am starting to determine the answer to my question.

But there's got to be a better way. than trial and error..

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up