INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speakers config on the Win 10/11 audio driver & JRiver MC.  (Read 280 times)

guer_j

• Recent member
Speakers config on the Win 10/11 audio driver & JRiver MC.
« on: February 14, 2023, 12:49:07 pm »

I'm guessing this question has been answer a millions times before but I couldn't find anything searching this board.
So I have a Win10 Laptop, connected by HDMI to a Denon AVR-4311CI.
I don't have a center channel, so I configured that on the Denon AVR receiver itself. So I wonder...  on the Win10 speaker configuration driver, I should have everything set to default, "large speakers" and enable all 5.1 speakers including the center channel, correct? Also, in JRiver, I don't need to check the "move center channel to main speakers" check box, correct? Since that'll be done by the receiver.
Thanks in advance...

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Speakers config on the Win 10/11 audio driver & JRiver MC.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 06:10:13 pm »

I'm guessing this question has been answer a millions times before but I couldn't find anything searching this board.
So I have a Win10 Laptop, connected by HDMI to a Denon AVR-4311CI.
I don't have a center channel, so I configured that on the Denon AVR receiver itself. So I wonder...  on the Win10 speaker configuration driver, I should have everything set to default, "large speakers" and enable all 5.1 speakers including the center channel, correct? Also, in JRiver, I don't need to check the "move center channel to main speakers" check box, correct? Since that'll be done by the receiver.
Thanks in advance...

The Win10 Speaker Configuration isn't 'used' if JRiver is setup correctly to bypass Windows built in Mixer (WASAPI exclusive or ASIO for output)
If your Receiver is handling the phantom center, then you should be feeding it a 5.1 signal (in other words, you don't need to utilize JRiver's phantom center functionality.

Pages: [1]   Go Up