INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update the same movie with better/new values  (Read 407 times)

Purecut

• World Citizen
Update the same movie with better/new values
« on: February 22, 2023, 05:40:59 pm »

Hi,

I have a problem with movies that are already exist in MC, but when I overwrite the movie file with a better quality some tags will not be updated with the new value. For example a movie with dimension 1920 x 1040. When I overwrite the file with the same title etc. but with a greater dimensions for example 3840 x 2160 some tags field like dimension, bps, compression will not be updated. Is there a way that the complete movie will be re-read from MC to get the right values?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Update the same movie with better/new values
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 06:10:47 pm »

You can copy and paste tags from one file to another.

Ctrl C

Ctrl Shift V
You can choose the tags to paste.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 10:26:27 pm »

You can copy and paste tags from one file to another.

Ctrl C

Ctrl Shift V
You can choose the tags to paste.

Thanks, but this did not solve the problem. I OVERWRITE the existing file with a new one that has different values. I can not edit for example the dimension tag field. It is not editable. I'm asking for a way that MC reads the movie values again and then input the values into the fields.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 01:20:55 am »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135063.0.html

"The new information is automatically gathered when a video file is imported. Additionally, running the "Update Library (from tags)" tool will also populate these fields.
Additionally, there is a "Analyze Video" button under Library Tools to gather this information quickly on existing files.

This data can be imported from all local video files. Functionality with internet streams or other streaming sources will be very limited.
Blu-ray folder structures (BDMV), and DVD folder structures (IFO) are not currently supported, but will be added in a future update."

note: An earlier version of MC reset the rating field, but this should fixed with latest versions
Pages: [1]   Go Up