INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Add a Custom Max Boost Value for Small Speaker Mode in DSP Studio  (Read 175 times)

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

I have UCube USB audio and powered speakers that sound awesome but only have a few watts of power so the small speaker mode is perfect for boosting their volume.

It is sometimes too aggressive though.

Example: The very nice 1982 debut Michael McDonald album is quite quiet and has some songs that are very quiet such as track 5 "I Can Let Go Now" and track 9 "Losin' End"

Small speaker mode goes a bit extreme with this album and songs.
I have seen it boost them by up to 18db!

Try it with and without small speaker mode and you'll see what I mean. I use small speaker mode alone, without volume leveling.

You can get it in CD sourced FLAC here:

https://flac-album.com/2019/06/13/michael-mcdonald-if-thats-what-it-takes-1982.html

It would be very nice if you added a custom maximum boost level for small speaker mode in DSP Studio to prevent it from being too aggressive.

For example you could allow 1db increments up to whatever max boost level the listener wants so it doesn't go above that level.

For my needs just 5db is probably enough so it would be awesome if you added this very convenient adjustable feature!

Thanks to staff for considering it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up