Networks and Remotes > Remotes

Summary Of Remote Apps for Android

(1/3) > >>

danvm:
I am trying to figure out which Android app I should be using. Is there a summary of what each app does? Are they all actually JRiver products?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=JRiver&hl=en_SG

JimH:
Take a look at the wiki topic called Remotes.

The Play Store will tell you which ones are from JRiver.

danvm:
I only see information regarding Gizmo and JRemote and there is no detail saying how they differ from each other.

mwillems:

--- Quote from: danvm on March 01, 2023, 09:07:49 am ---I only see information regarding Gizmo and JRemote and there is no detail saying how they differ from each other.

--- End quote ---

Gizmo and JRemote offer a somewhat similar functional experience, both are remotes that allow either controlling JRiver MC on a computer or streaming media from JRiver MC on a computer to a phone.  But JRemote is more polished, nicer looking, and has a few extra features (it supports streaming in the original audio format to the phone if the phone supports it, and a few other things).  I'd suggest trying Gizmo because it's free. If you feel like there are features you're missing or you'd like an app with a little more flash, upgrade to JRemote.

The JRiver for Android app isn't a remote app, it's an android port of JRiver Media Center that runs locally on your phone.  I don't know anything about the other two apps, but I think they're related to home automation stuff more broadly, not just MediaCenter?

BradATIMA:
BingoSSDP is an SSDP utility, so it will scan whatever local network it's connect to and give you a list of other connected devices, as well as some information about them. OneRemote was related to home automation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version