INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Problems  (Read 1155 times)

mtschirret

• Recent member
  • "You know how it is...Well, maybe you don't."
iPod Problems
« on: February 27, 2003, 05:04:23 pm »

I have a 10Gb Windows iPod, which I use with XPlay...No problems whatsoever there.  I'm having problems using it with MC however.  Specifically:

1) When I create a playlist in MC, they do not appear on the iPod after I successfully download the files.  

2) If I exit MC and then go back in, the playlist names are garbled and look like they're in Russian.

3) When I right click on a file and select "Send to Handheld", it sends it to a random playlist rather then the root of the iPod.

I absolutely love the product and have been using MJ since 7.0, and I upgraded to MC specifically for the iPod capability.  The problem is that I'm having no luck whatsoever.  

Can someone please walk me through setting up a clean, formatted iPod?  I'd sure appreciate it.  What am I doing wrong?  I have tried reformats, etc. and nothing seems to help.  Could XPlay be the culprit?  

Thank You,

Michael Tschirret

Media Center Registered 9.0.120 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 424 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: TDK CDRW321040B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 05:02:44 am »

Hello Michael,

FYI, I am going to close your other thread so we can concentrate on your problems in one place.

Could you try the following.

1) In Explorer, do a quick format on your iPod.

2) Verify that your iPod's Volume Label is "IPOD"

3) Disconnect and reconnect your iPod.

4) Run MC 9

5) Right click on the iPod and select "Format for MC"

After this, I hope your problems go away. If not I can make suggestions based on what you are seeing.

Also, here is a link to a great help file written by Adam...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ashawley01/    

Steve

mtschirret

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 09:08:34 am »

Steve-

I'll give it a shot--as always, thanks for the prompt response.  

A quick question if you don't mind:  Should I be able to use an iPod with MC and MC only?  In other words, is the device dependent on any other proprietary software (Say, MusicMatch or XPlay?)  I really love everything about MC, so keep up the great work!

As an aside, do you know if the creative Zen has better compatibility with MC at this point?

Thanks,

Mike Tschirret

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 09:45:24 am »

Mike,

The iPod will work with MC without any other software. The less other things the better. MusicMatch and XPlay both have an irritable habit of grabbing control of the iPod when it is connected.

The Zen is supported with MC but the synchronization code for Zen is newer and less tested than with iPod.

Steve

mtschirret

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 10:35:04 am »

Steve-

Thanks for the reply...The help file was an excellent tool.  I'll try everything tonight with the new build of MC!

Mike Tschirret
Pages: [1]   Go Up