Windows > Television

Windows Media Center > JRiver Media Center

<< < (2/21) > >>

JimH:
Nice to hear. Thanks.

sheppy99:

--- Quote from: greynolds on March 28, 2023, 09:12:14 pm ---After that other poster spends a bit of time familiarizing himself with JRiver, I suspect the “need” for recording to WTV files may go away.

--- End quote ---
I’m my case I just need to be able to access the alternative audio tracks so I can enjoy my existing material and also get the channel a program has been recorded from into Comskip and I won’t need WTV recording anymore. I’m guessing the easiest way of finding the recording channel is to put each channels recordings into a different folder as they are recorded? For me that would be easiest. With WTV DVRMSToolbox could get this information from the tags, and I’m hopeful it may work with TS too when I have time to try it later this week

tzr916:

--- Quote from: sheppy99 on March 28, 2023, 11:37:36 pm ---I’m guessing the easiest way of finding the recording channel is to put each channels recordings into a different folder as they are recorded? For me that would be easiest. With WTV DVRMSToolbox could get this information from the tags, and I’m hopeful it may work with TS too when I have time to try it later this week

--- End quote ---
Putting them in different folders is not needed. MC uses guide info and online databases to tag every recording with the channel, the season, the year, etc. And you can add specific comskip.ini for each and every recording rule, it's on the last page of the the record rule setup.

tzr916:

--- Quote from: greynolds on March 28, 2023, 07:43:10 pm ---What advantages would that have compared to the existing JTV and TS format options?  The only one that comes to mind is that those recordings could potentially be watched in Windows Media Center, but I don’t really see a benefit there.  Even though I still use Windows Media Center for some things, I’d honestly rather see you guys put your efforts into something else unless there’s a real benefit.

--- End quote ---
+1

greynolds:

--- Quote from: tzr916 on March 29, 2023, 07:56:45 am ---Putting them in different folders is not needed. MC uses guide info and online databases to tag every recording with the channel, the season, the year, etc. And you can add specific comskip.ini for each and every recording rule, it's on the last page of the the record rule setup.

--- End quote ---
The other person was talking about for existing imported WTV files, not new recordings that are made by JRiver.  I'm not sure if the recording channel info is contained in the WTV file tags or not, but if so, JRiver may just need to add the capability to pull that info from the tags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version