More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

Directions

<< < (4/6) > >>

lepa:
Although not currently acute for me but what I think could be good addition would be more user management. Like it said in v19 wiki that possibilities are many. So one direction i could suggest would be making a better multi-user experience.

First baby steps for me would be just to have user specific fields for rating/playback stats. Read access to the values wouldn't even have to be restricted IMO. Vice versa in addition to show current user ratings those could be used in the views to show each family member's rating or combined average for example.

Then next step could be that remotes (MC client / MCWS clients) could log in as specific user account.

tzr916:

--- Quote from: lepa on April 12, 2023, 06:19:07 am ---....next step could be that remotes (MC client / MCWS clients) could log in as specific user account.

--- End quote ---
+1

Other thoughts:
-make theater view "custom tool tips" a standard click-to-enable option. Or a complete revamp of theater view (seems to be requested by many year after year).
-something else is that constantly requested is updating/completing the WIKI. Perhaps it's time to employ a dedicated person to re-do and/or update every page of the WIKI with more tutorials, screenshots, video tutorials, etc. Not just links to the Forum.
-more detailed JRiver website with clear and complete list of all features, formats, platforms, system requirements, screenshots, etc. Not just links to the Forum or the WIKI.
-add video playback slow motion controls to the theater view OSD (similar to Subtitles/LipSync/Zoom). More importantly, prevent the "DSP Tempo dialog" from popping up when slow motion is enabled/disabled (perhaps add an option to mute or disable audio when slow motion is used).

park:
For me the areas of improvement i would like to see are all in interface an experience.

* touch based standard view.all tree items would be touch friendly sizes and selecting sub items like nested playlists should be easier. Touch scrolling wouldnt select items. Tagging as a touch experience would be great.
* features like 'watchlist' 'continue where you left off' from apps like netflix would be good in theater view. Leverage our play history to suggest 'play again' suggestions
* other discovery features that leverage your spotlight feature to preview/buy new albums based on what you are listening to now or have recently played. Maybe even a spotify integration with the ability to buy albums you discover on spotify and add them to your real library.
I would also like to see media center for android tv work as a media center client for video playback.
I know it would be hard, but the addition of some stores so that we can legally buy and own music and movies/tv would be great. I think that with all the streaming service fragmentation there will something of a movement back to itunes style purchasing of content. Or ultra cheap rentals might be the future, like $1 rentals of movies so that you can still binge watch whatever you like.

mattkhan:
example of the documentation problem that jriver has

Hendrik pointed me to https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133480.0.html which is, as far as I can see, the only place that a key feature of a brand new actively developed renderer is described

i.e. buried on a dead board

have you thought about adding a board that collects these sorts of threads (there are quite a few dotted through old boards) into a single child forum so it's easy to browse through key features? you might say "use the wiki instead" but the wiki very often just points back to a thread so might as well go straight to the source

JimH:
Did you use Google to search?  I get the wiki topics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version