More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (19/45) > >>

mattkhan:
1917 is tagged the same way for me

murray:

--- Quote from: jmone on May 10, 2023, 02:24:25 am ---Ahhh, it's all part of the fun.  We are now discussing the pros and cons of HDR-->SDR vs HDR-->HDR tonemapping.  I'll bet a beer that Murray will stick with HDR-->SDR as it look great (his words) and does not have issues from the PJ switching between SDR and HDR modes.  I get around this by leaving Windows in HDR mode all the time (on my Flat Screens - my JVC PC has a Magenta Bug to work around), and let Windows do the reverse SDR-->HDR tonemapping.  Now if JRVR could do that!  Maybe MC32 for that one.

--- End quote ---

Very true and after lots of testing tonight Ive decided to keep all in SDR as Hendrick has created an amazing HDR to SDR. To be honest I just dont see HDR to HDR running on my JVC NZ9 looking any better than HDR to SDR on MC31. I hate all the resyncing of the projector so I have decided to run all in SDR. If it looked even 50% better in HDR to HDR I might live with the resync times, but its absolutly all perfect for me staying SDR all the way...... Im very very happy!

SamuriHL:

--- Quote from: jmone on May 10, 2023, 02:27:08 am ---I think I've found what is going on.  Do you have 1917 or WW1984 for example (both are HDR10+)?  For me these are listed as "DolbyVision Profile 7, HDR10-compatible" under HDR format.  From what I can see files tagged as "DolbyVision Profile 7, HDR10-compatible" could be HDR10 or HDR10+.  Files that are only HDR10 or HDR10+ are tagged correctly.

--- End quote ---

Yes I brought this up before and asked about which is actually being used earlier in the thread. There are quite a few that have both HDR10+ and DV.

tkolsto:
I have a question. If I understands this correct. Hdr to hdr tonemapping is activated with ticking off this feature hdr to hdr tonemapping in jrvr settings right? But this talk about hdr to sdr what is that about and how is this done or activated? is this making and sdr movie get played as a hdr thus able to use tone mapping on a sdr movie? or is it just plain hdr to sdr...is this just as simple as one does not tick of hdr mode in jrvr setting...so that hdr movies are just played like an sdr movie?

Hendrik:
For HDR to SDR -> Disable "Use the display's HDR capability"

For simple HDR passthrough -> Enable "Use the display's HDR capability"
If you want to use HDR to HDR Tone Mapping -> Enable "Use the display's HDR capability" & Enable "Enable HDR to HDR Tone Mapping"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version