INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User evaluating with a few questions  (Read 231 times)

spastro

New User evaluating with a few questions
« on: April 16, 2023, 12:47:00 am »

Hi All.
I have just been testing JRiver at home and have a few questions as i would like to possibly introduce this into a bigger network.

My organisation currently uses a Squeezebox server with a mix of DLNA capable devices and a few old squeezebox touch devices.
There are about 12 in total all connected via Ethernet and 1 via wifi and grouped into 7 or 8 zones/rooms to allow for different audio streams to be played dependent on the zone the player is in. 

Whilst testing the software i was hoping to find the following options or at least whether plugins were available.

1. Webui instead of a thick desktop client? Happy for Windows or Linux.

2. User / group based logins with various permissions being able to be set per user/ group?
For example...
User A: Admin - full control
User B: Standard - Only allowed to play / stop / pause playing music.
User C: Modifyer - Allowed to add / remove and assign playlists to zones.

3. Any Plugins to connect to a spotify account? If so does it cache the music on the server or does it constantly live stream?

4. If spotify is an option, can playlists be built that incorporate both local (personal) and spotify tracks?

5. Was looking to find if there is any plugins for control based rules integrated with HAB, Tuya or any automation systems?
Two scenarios i was hoping to control are .

A. Dependent on the number of guests we have on any given day, some of the default set audio levels per zone need to be adjusted for the audio to be heard over ambient sound. I was hoping to find a way to have a devices monitoring zones and adjusting volume per player in that zone as per rules set.

B. At times we have roaming staff members walking through zones with a wifi equiped player and speaker on battery. Currently they use an ipad with a web interface to our squeezebox server to manually adjust the volume of the zone they are in however i was hoping to automate that via some form of proximity device that could automate the volume of the zone to be set lower whilst the device they are carrying is within that specific zone.

I notice that there is an option for schedules which is one of the main reasons we are looking to switch. So great work on that one!

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New User evaluating with a few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 01:02:15 am »

No Spotify, but you can play any application's audio through our audio engine by using WDM on Windows.

Webapp: Panel  [wiki]

User control: Some, users can be read only.

Automation: See our DevZone and MCWS.  Link at bottom to Developers

Volume control is per device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up