INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Soloists field..  (Read 248 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
The Soloists field..
« on: April 21, 2023, 01:57:56 pm »

The use of this field list the soloing artists in alphabetical order when displayed in a "track info" page display.

Is there a way to list soloists in their order of appearance in a song?  That would be appreciated.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: The Soloists field..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 01:28:56 am »

Dawgincontrol - When it comes to the "Soloists" tag what you are encountering/suffering from is the simple fact that some of MC's "; Delimited List" tags are set to auto-sort lists whose edit type is "List" before storing them in the database, i.e."Soloists", but not the ones whose edit type is set to "Standard", i.e. "Genre".

Since there is no way a TrackInfo Plugin can re-arrange the "Soloists in the order in which they perform", nor can a user change the "Edit Type" of a MC Provided Tag, all I can suggest is that you;

Add a prefix to the individual "Soloists Name" as a means of indicating the order in which they appear on the track;

or

Add a New Tag, with a "Data Type of List" and "Edit Type of Standard"; which would allow you to add/list the Individual Soloists in your preferred order
and then modify the TrackInfo Plugin you are using to display the Existing Soloists Tag and your New Tag or only your New Tag.

The only other way I can think of achieving what you would like to do is to modify the lyrics for every relevant track by inserting the Soloists Name in front of every group of lyrics they perform.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: The Soloists field..
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 08:43:13 pm »

Thanks E.T.

As usual you're very helpful. 

I think I'll slowly work my way through building a new tag as suggested with a "Data Type of List" and "Edit Type of Standard".  It would require me going back in and re-editing all of them either way. 

Much appreciation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up