INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Playlists Loading Problem from Server  (Read 257 times)

joechip

• Recent member
Smart Playlists Loading Problem from Server
« on: April 29, 2023, 06:02:01 pm »

Hey hey. I recently upgraded from JRiver MediaCenter Version 28 -> 30. I am having a problem with smart playlists when I'm using MO4Media (although I have also tested with JRemote and found the same issue).

On the previous version of MediaCenter, I would load a smartlist on my phone, a list of songs would appear and then I push the play button. The application would then fill the now playing window with the list of songs that had appeared when I loaded the smartlist, and start playing from the first track.

With the new version, when I load the smart playlist on my phone, a list of songs to play appears. When I then click the play button it appears that a completely new smartlist is generated, populating the now playing window with a completely different list of songs than what originally appeared when I loaded the playlist.

At first I thought the playlist might just be shuffling, but its actually just generating a new playlist. Is there a way to alter this or is there a new setting I am missing?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Smart Playlists Loading Problem from Server
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 12:44:35 am »

Click the first track.

joechip

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 10:10:37 pm »

haha. so simple, but...

When connected to a server running the version 30.0.93:

In MO4 Media clicking the first track of a smartlist playlist triggers a list of options, including "play" and "play all from here". Select "play" and the track that was selected plays, but no other items from the list populate now playing (this is normal operation). Select "play all from here" and the app fills the playing now with a brand new iteration of the playlist, and starts playing from the first song of that new iteration (this is an abnormal result).

In JRemote, clicking on the first track of a smartlist playlist triggers playback, but of a new iteration of the playlist, although the message that the app shows indicates it thinks its playing the first song of the original smartlist playlist. For example, click on the first track of a smartlist (e.g., "Too Much Heaven (feat. Alison Krauss)" from the Greenfields album) and the app flashes a message that the app is "playing all files, starting with 'Too Much Heaven (feat. Alison Krauss)'" but what actually plays is "Summertime" by Ella Fitzgerald.

I have uninstalled v 30 and reinstalled it on the server: same issue
I have installed the last release of v 29 on the server: issue is not present

Thanks again.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 12:32:41 am »

Personally, when launching playback of smart playlists that generate a random set of files in JRemote, I never see the list of files. I long press on the playlist tile and choose "Play" from the resulting menu. Job done.

I trust my smart lists to return the required tracks and do not need to see the chosen file list. I appreciate that this is not addressing the issue you describe, but if you try it, and like it, maybe that would no longer, bug, you?

I do not know if MO4Media has the same 'long press' menu. Does it?

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up