More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

Hang During Install

(1/1)

Cinelder:
When I try to upgrade/install MC 31.0.5 (64 bit) on Windows 10, Install Wizard repeatedly hangs at the screen "Copying Files - Please wait while Install Wizard copies and registers files" / "Upgrading from previous version". 

Restarting  / closing all other program files before attempting the install of MC 31.0.5 doesn't seem to help - after a few minutes, Task Manager eventually reports the program as "not responding".

I have MC 30.0.93 installed, and it is working normally.  I have installed the registration key that is supposed to be valid for either MC 30 or MC 31.

Please advise.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Cinelder on May 01, 2023, 10:13:05 am ---When I try to upgrade/install MC 31.0.5 (64 bit) on Windows 10, Install Wizard repeatedly hangs at the screen "Copying Files - Please wait while Install Wizard copies and registers files" / "Upgrading from previous version". 

Restarting  / closing all other program files before attempting the install of MC 31.0.5 doesn't seem to help - after a few minutes, Task Manager eventually reports the program as "not responding".

I have MC 30.0.93 installed, and it is working normally.  I have installed the registration key that is supposed to be valid for either MC 30 or MC 31.

Please advise.

--- End quote ---

Upgrading from the previous version can take a long time if you have a big library.  Let it go and get coffee.

Cinelder:

--- Quote from: Matt on May 01, 2023, 10:27:17 am ---Upgrading from the previous version can take a long time if you have a big library.  Let it go and get coffee.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick response, Matt.

I do indeed have a big library and will try the wait-and-coffee option :)

Postscript: Patience and caffeine did the trick.  Thanks again, Matt.

jkrzok:

--- Quote from: Matt on May 01, 2023, 10:27:17 am ---Upgrading from the previous version can take a long time if you have a big library.  Let it go and get coffee.

--- End quote ---

1 million files here and installation was done before I could pull a double shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version