More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Mac

Special characters

<< < (2/4) > >>

aliciaviola:
On the left, are these playlists for composers and conductors?
Strange is that Dvořák is a problem while Dvorák seems to work, despite the accent on the a.
I created a smartlist with Janáček, Leoš and a playlist with Dvořák, Antonín (1841 - 1904).
Both work and show the content (as you can see in the appended pictures).
By the way: ř is missing in the special character list in MC.

DmitryB:
Thanks for running a test!

Yes, on the left are Composers and then subgroups for conductors/soloists.

I'm using Groups for my library. Groups are the ones that have the problem with some characters - but not all. And Ančel worked fine until the last update!

Janáček does not work in Groups. Neither does Martinů.

It's odd and just makes no sense. These aren't even letters I'm pasting into MC. These are all part of the MC special character list I get when I hold down a letter.

bob:

--- Quote from: aliciaviola on May 06, 2023, 06:02:46 am ---By the way: ř is missing in the special character list in MC.

--- End quote ---
It's not. I just tested that.

bob:

--- Quote from: DmitryB on May 06, 2023, 10:10:52 am ---Thanks for running a test!

Yes, on the left are Composers and then subgroups for conductors/soloists.

I'm using Groups for my library. Groups are the ones that have the problem with some characters - but not all. And Ančel worked fine until the last update!

Janáček does not work in Groups. Neither does Martinů.

It's odd and just makes no sense. These aren't even letters I'm pasting into MC. These are all part of the MC special character list I get when I hold down a letter.

--- End quote ---
Also, I have no issues creating special characters in the groups, subgroups or entries within the subgroups with 30.0.93.

DmitryB:

--- Quote from: bob on May 08, 2023, 12:27:53 pm ---Also, I have no issues creating special characters in the groups, subgroups or entries within the subgroups with 30.0.93.

--- End quote ---

You're able to have Ančel, Martinů, and Janáček as Group names - and albums within don't vanish? Then I don't know what to say because this has been a problem for me for years and got worse with the last update. What could possibly be the reason if it's not true for everyone? Because this is what happens with me:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version