INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Cloudplay and Images  (Read 527 times)

Eric Scace

Disable Cloudplay and Images
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:40:20 pm »

Hi —

I am trying to deploy MC30 clients with as simplified a user-interface as possible for users who "don't computer". The only media being accessed are audio tracks from the MC30 server.

Is there a way that Cloudplay and Images can be removed from the left-side rail menus? I couldn't find anything in tools/options that would do this, nor is there a right-click/delete function on the left side menu.

Thanks.

— Eric

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Disable Cloudplay and Images
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 01:03:25 am »

I don't think there is a way to disable/remove Cloudplay from the tree, but there are couple options that partially meet your goals.
  • View/Audio Only Mode
  • Tools/Options/General/Features - then uncheck any of the features you prefer not to be available (in the Tree or elsewhere in the program)
I'm not sure why Cloudplay (and Spotlight too for that matter) are not among the listed features that you can enable/disable - seems like a no-brainer to me to include those in the features list.

There is also a feature called Party Mode (also found under the View menu), that allows random users to access and play music, but are unable to make any (permanent) edits to anything - maybe something like that would be useful for you.

And finally, there is a super simplified user interface called Panel: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Panel 
It is not something I use myself, but the link should get you pointed in the right direction.

Eric Scace

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 10:23:54 am »

Thanks, HPBEME. I'll take advantage of those suggestions :-). — Eric

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 10:13:28 am »

The inability to customize the left tree is one of my major annoyances with Media Center.  One should be able to keep Playing Now and the action window closed without having to toggle them every time they want to open. 

One should also be able to hide headers if one chooses.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 10:33:14 am »

Try Options > Tree & View > Auto-expand

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 08:52:54 am »

That doesn't affect the  "Playing Now" or "Display" windows Jim.  They expand no matter what. 

There should be a toggle for only popping the "Display" window only when playing a video or slideshow, for instance.

The "Playing Now" should have an option to stay closed unless selected like the other branches of the tree (Audio, Video, Playlists, etc.).  It doesn't. 

Headers one doesn't use should be able to be hidden.  It goes along the lines of different users, different needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up