INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 files  (Read 324 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
MP4 files
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:01:32 am »

Are MP4 files importable and playable?
If so how is it done?
I have a downloaded MP4 file which indicates that it was imported but does not show in my RECENT ALBUM display screen...and is subsequently not playable?!

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MP4 files
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 10:34:08 am »

MP4s are definitely importable and playable.  They usually contain video (and audio).  If MC indicated it was imported, it's probably there somewhere.  I'll bet MC thinks it's a video.  Is it?  Check Video... files... and search for the name.  It wouldn't show in Audio Recent Albums because the album tag is probably emply.... and it's probably tagged as a video file.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 12:32:04 pm »

MP4s are definitely importable and playable.  They usually contain video (and audio).  If MC indicated it was imported, it's probably there somewhere.  I'll bet MC thinks it's a video.  Is it?  Check Video... files... and search for the name.  It wouldn't show in Audio Recent Albums because the album tag is probably emply.... and it's probably tagged as a video file.

Thanks, Badger!  My first rodeo with importing MP4 or trying to play without first splitting into tracks with Audacity.  You are correct about it being in VIDEO folder...along with a large number of files which I did not know were there but which are most likely associated with respective imported folders.  Who knew?  (Well, you did.)

Interestingly, the MP4 shows a duration of over an hour and MC indicates this on playback BUT only the first track plays with the rest of the playback being silent?!  Must be some kind of security to foil efforts by someone like me trying to put it on their server.  Oh well!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 01:27:04 pm »

MP4 is a container.  It can contain anything.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 02:02:22 pm »

MP4 is a container.  It can contain anything.

This container has a file size of 162,000KB...but only about 20KB makes noise?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up