Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

New pc montor 1080p, motion is like, the object which is in motion shakes a lot.

(1/7) > >>

tkolsto:
I just bought a new pc monitor to get smooth movie rendering.
The monitor: 1080p,  23.976 – 144 hz. ( benq zoowie 24 inch, xl2411k)
Pc:
Ram: 16 gb
Cpu: ryzen i7 2700x
Gpu: inno3d gt 1030, 2 gb gddr5 (not 4), this card is specified to 4k, 60 hz, but I am doing 1080p movies. So this should be no problem for the card. Same effect on jriver or just playing a youtube 1080p30hz.
JRiver 30, latest build (0.095)

I have the same effect on this monitor as I have on my lg oled b1 tv. Object in motion are shaking. On my tv only truemotion can stop this shaking. More viseable in high contrast scenes like the starting scene in the white room from alien covenant. but one can see this is in pretty much all motion, only small movement within the center of screen can look ok.
I thought this was mostly on oled tvs…but is just exactly the same.

I tried syncing jriver 23hz or try to do 120 hz 5:5 pulldown (exclusive mode) both with and without jriver smoothing setting on in madvr, Jrvr is just the same,  both have the shaking effect.

Very strange that this is not more on topic if everybody view the same poor rendering.

I don't have any framedrops or delayed frames or glitches during rendering.

the shaking effect is visible in the attached picture (got really lucky as numerous times I only get a normal looking picture, this picture one sees excactlly how it looks, but in a still picture.

tkolsto:
osd

tkolsto:
I just noticed the file is 1920x800, but does that matter in this case? because everything seems find in the osd from what I can see.

JimH:
I can't really help, but the problem is probably between the graphics hardware and the display.  The display can't manage what the graphics hardware is sending.

newsposter:
potentially rapid switching between hdr and sdr?  If so, could be caused by anything from the OS to the display driver to the hdmi cables to the monitor/TV itself.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version