INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print out of JRiver DB structure  (Read 513 times)

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Print out of JRiver DB structure
« on: May 25, 2023, 07:46:33 am »

I have hundreds of fields that I've created to bring in additional meta data from AMG, MB and Discogs.

Is there a way to extract the data (csv,etc.) of just the JRiver DB Structure and not the track data?

Example:
Field  Name Display   Display (plurall):  Description   Flags   Data Type   Relational:   Edit TYpe   Acceptable Values  Save in FT   Show a link   Calculated data   Expression             etc.
Name   yyyyyyyy         yyyyyy's              xxxxxxx        xxxx    xxxxx         yyyyy          zzzzz        xxxxxxx                 x                x                        x                  expression data   
Artist    yyyyyyyy         yyyyyy's              xxxxxxx        xxxx    xxxxx         yyyyy          zzzzz        xxxxxxx                 x                x                        x                  expression data
AMG ID yyyyyyyy         yyyyyy's              xxxxxxx        xxxx    xxxxx         yyyyy          zzzzz        xxxxxxx                 x                x                        x                  expression data
FPS      yyyyyyyy         yyyyyy's              xxxxxxx        xxxx    xxxxx         yyyyy          zzzzz        xxxxxxx                 x                x                        x                  expression data

Thanks
Matt

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Print out of JRiver DB structure
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 09:32:25 pm »

This call gets some of what you want - http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/Fields

JRiver CEO Elect

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 06:46:34 am »

I'm guessing at why you want the DB structure.  My guess is that you want to replicate this somewhere else, but you want to start with no data.  All the fields, but none of the entries.

If that's the case, you can use a database backup.  Just make a new library, restore your db backup.  Then delete all the entries.  Now make another db backup.  This should give you an empty db with all of your fields. 

This backup can be used to start fresh on your system, a friend's system, etc.

Do be careful when you do this.  Make sure you know which library you are working on when you delete all the entries.

Brian.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 04:49:48 pm »

This call gets some of what you want - http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/Fields
Thanks - it's a start, I'll have to bring into excel and then add the relational fields manually.

Appreciate this info as I didn't know about this.

Matt

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 05:10:11 pm »

No Probs - you can do heaps with MCWS calls.  Also if there is something missing the JR team are great and expanding these calls.  You could ask for what you would like added and they may look at it (eg adding relational fields) if it would be of use to multiple people and easy enough to do.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up