INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR Calibration Settings/JVC Autocal  (Read 486 times)

Hoi

• Recent member
JRVR Calibration Settings/JVC Autocal
« on: May 28, 2023, 06:54:47 am »

I have my JVC NX7 and RS500 projectors calibrated (with Autocal) to BT2020 and I set the gamma on them to 2.4.

For JRVR, I have the screen gamut set to BT2020, Calibration Method Disabled, and not sure what to set the Gamma Processing to.  If I change it from Disabled to 2.4, the picture gets noticeably brighter, possibly clipping and washed out.  Disabled sometimes looks a little dark.  Is there an optimal/correct number that I should set the Gamma Processing to with my setup?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRVR Calibration Settings/JVC Autocal
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 09:38:59 am »

you should leave it as disabled

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 09:54:43 am »

The only good way to correct the gamma response is with a calibration profile, an ICC profile or a 3DLUT. I have no experience with such projectors and AutoCal, but if thats something they can do, that might help.

Gamma can be a personal experience however depending on your room conditions and viewing preferences.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 10:09:45 am »

JVC's autocal performs 2 corrections, 1 for gamma and 1 for colour. If you've done this correctly then it's response should be pretty accurate. You can clean things up further with a 3dlut of course if you want to.

Hoi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 10:19:23 am »

Thanks guys!  I have a fully triple black velvet room and have been using madVR for awhile now.  After I do the JVC Autocal for color and gamma, I set the gamma in madVR to match my projector at 2.4.  I will disable the Gamma Processing and Calibration Method in JRVR.  I guess my next step is to learn how to create a 3DLUT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up