INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collection feature (Movies) for JRiver 31?  (Read 1065 times)

Smack

• World Citizen
Collection feature (Movies) for JRiver 31?
« on: May 19, 2023, 12:53:10 pm »

Hello guys,

I've updated from 30 to 31. So far I really like it (especially the better HDR-SDR feature).

Is it possible to add maybe a collection feature for movies like KODI has (e.g. Back to the Future collection)?

And i got a question regarding HD-DVDs. I got a Samsung Combo Bluray Drive which also plays HD-DVDs. Is it possible to play my HD-DVDs directly from Disc (makemkv and anydvd are installed)?

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Collection feature (Movies) for JRiver 31?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 03:21:35 pm »

I think that you can do this already by using the Series tag.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 02:03:55 am »

Yup - There is a field called "Series" that for me is populated with, well... the series.  You can then create a view based on "Series" to group them all together.

On the HD-DVD's, MC supports and playback EVO files just fine, but you will not get Disc Menus etc.  I'm guessing if you want on disc playback, you are going to have to navigate through the disc one mounted and play the EVO you want.
JRiver CEO Elect

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 02:34:22 am »

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please describe how to do this? Do i have to scrap the movie and after that i search for example the Back to the future movies and tag them as TV show? And after that? How do i combine the movies to one collection called Back to the future?
In Kodi there is only the option to group movies into collections. after that you don't have to do anything else. Kodi itself group them into a collection by itself.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 05:05:12 am »

Are you talking about wanting to see it grouped in Std View or Theater Video?  If in Std View just display the Col of "Series" and click on it and they are all grouped together.  If in Theater View you will need to add a view, Say called "Series" under movies and add the first element as "Series".  That way you would see a list of all the Series and when you clicked on that you would then see each of the individual movies.  If you need help with how to create Theater View views let us know.
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 05:41:57 am »

Note though that MC's TMDb field utilization is very low gathering only just the basic stuff. One thing among the others is that it doesn't save Movie Series field. There was a talk earlier that Hendrik will look at this (TMDb) when file scraping is done. No news since then though. Currently to get more data populated semi-automatically you need to use third party software like ZRatings or MCUtils

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 05:48:18 am »

Mmmm - seems well populated for me with just using std MC meta data scraping. 
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 06:07:01 am »

For me it is not populated and It's also not in the preview so IDK.

Code: [Select]
Budget: $44.000.000

Gross Revenue: $300.400.432

Director: George P. Cosmatos

MPAA Rating: R

Name: Rambo: First Blood Part II

IMDb ID: tt0089880

Date: 21.5.1985

Critic Rating: TMDb 6,6 / 10

Genre: Action;Adventure;Thriller;War

Description: John Rambo is released from prison by the government for a top-secret covert mission to the last place on Earth he'd want to return - the jungles of Vietnam.

Keywords: Vietnam Veteran;Helicopter;Submachine Gun;Prisoner;Prisoner Of War;Liberation Of Prisoners;Liberation;Leech;Vietnam;Vietnam War;Chase;Machinegun;Us Army;Forest;Photography;Government;Sequel;Revenge;Torture;Soldier;Explosion;Bow And Arrow;Exploding Body;Agent;Russian Army;Electrical Torture;Denunciation

Trailer: webmedia://YouTube/s3nblhkrHG0

Actors: Sylvester Stallone;Richard Crenna;Charles Napier;Steven Berkoff;Julia Nickson;Martin Kove;George Cheung;Andy Wood;William Ghent;Vojislav Govedarica;Dana Lee;Baoan Coleman;Steve Williams;Don Collins;Christopher Grant;John Sterlini;Alain Hocquenghem;William Rothlein;Tony Munafo;Tom Gehrke;Mason Cardiff;Roger Cudney;Jeff Imada;John Pankow;John Sabol

Producer: Buzz Feitshans

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 07:16:21 am »

Weird - all my Rambo's are populational just fine.  I just use "Get Movie and TV Info" once imported.  Try using "Get Movie and TV Info" and see if it fills in the "Series" Field? ...so unless something changed?
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 07:37:40 am »

That's what I did and it didn't populate. But good if it should work. Don't care too much as I don't use MC's TMDb tool anyway in its current form

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 10:17:17 am »

Note though that MC's TMDb field utilization is very low gathering only just the basic stuff.

This keeps getting repeated, but when I start looking into it, TMDb doesn't actually have all that extra data people talk about. There are a few extra fields we don't store because we didn't have fields for this to begin with. One among them is "movie collection", which would be relevant here.
If there is a very specific data that TMDb has that people would like to have, please let us know. But be aware that accessing further data sources is often not easy or even possible, as they may charge money for commercial use (sometimes a lot), or just not be open at all.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 11:34:32 am »

As quoted my comment concerned about getting more stuff from TMDb.
I'm not sure what fields MC currently actually saves but from top of my mind:
 - Use site specific rating field not the same critic rating for all so in this case TMDb Rating or similar
 - Separate regular actors and guest stars. don't sort alphapetically
 - Save fields like: movie collection, recommendations, similar, number of episodes/seasons, networks, original title, popularity, season name/description, Series Rating/description, Status, spoken languages, origin country, Music By

Also you could allow saving tmdb posters/episode images not only beside the file (mostly on NAS) but also to specific folder like you do with season/artist etc images to prevent file access jamming in MC when disks are spinning or offline.

and maybe other things I missed here

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 07:56:37 am »

Are you talking about wanting to see it grouped in Std View or Theater Video?  If in Std View just display the Col of "Series" and click on it and they are all grouped together.  If in Theater View you will need to add a view, Say called "Series" under movies and add the first element as "Series".  That way you would see a list of all the Series and when you clicked on that you would then see each of the individual movies.  If you need help with how to create Theater View views let us know.

Help would be much appreciated with the Theater view.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2023, 03:25:59 am »

Is there maybe a little youtube howto video to explain how to add movies into a collection? I'm really missing this feature (the only one from kodi i need).

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2023, 04:12:57 am »

Check is your series field populated. if it isn't then you need to figure out how to do that.

if it is then go to options ==> theaterview ==> items to show.
I don't remember how the stock tree there looks like but under Movies category e.g.
- add==>library item
- name it as you wish e.g "Movies by name"
- add 2 new categories to library item you just made
- 1. category: choose expression, name it as you wish, expression to group by rule: FirstNotEmpty([Series],[Name])
- 2 category: choose library field, set sorting to oldest first if you like to see oldest movie first when inside collection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up