INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR Profile Selection  (Read 3733 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: JRVR Profile Selection
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2023, 04:20:22 am »

Thanks!

So I'm back to the same issue.  Wanting to change between JRVR Profiles based on an MCC/MCWS command that:
- is not based on file fields, and that
- "sticks" as the new default once changed
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2023, 02:29:59 pm »

I've put some MCWS questions over in the "Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins" that may work as:

- CreateField: "http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/CreateField?Name=JRVR_Profile_To_Use&Expression=1" (or 2, 3 etc).  It's fast and easy to create and populate the value over all items and should work with JRVR's profile matching , but...

I need a similar fast MCWS way to either:
- UpdateField: update this calculated field (say from "1" to "2"), or
- DeleteField: remove the field so it can be recreated again

I think this would work nicely with JRVR as it currently stands for manually selecting a JRVR profile.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2023, 04:21:20 pm »

This will not work. Changing a field will not make JRVR reevaluate the profile rules.

It's also a gigantic hack, updating a field on all files is expensive and rather unnecessary when all you want is to change a setting.

We'll come back to this topic in MC32.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2023, 05:36:58 pm »

I agree.  Just needed to start looking at hacks alternatives given this feature is currently not available.  I'd MUCH prefer to wait for a real soln. 
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2024, 09:07:55 pm »

We'll come back to this topic in MC32.

Is now a good time to bring it back up?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

eve

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2024, 02:16:29 pm »

Is now a good time to bring it back up?

Thanks
Nathan

Wondering this too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2024, 02:20:25 pm »

Hendrik is on vacation now for the next two weeks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2024, 07:29:42 pm »

Thanks for the heads up.
JRiver CEO Elect

murray

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2024, 08:28:34 pm »

Wondering this too.
Im also hoping we get this for MC32.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2024, 03:52:48 am »

I'll look into this topic soon. Will have to think about how to set them. I figure the simplest is just in the JRVR dialog and MCWS, and maybe as another submenu in the right click menu. Also doing it in the OSD would make the navigation kinda cumbersome. But I also don't know how often you would want to change this.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2024, 03:04:25 pm »

Sounds good.  The usage could be as simple as once prior to playback to suit the PJ's config, or (in Murray's case), it could be multiple times during a playlist of items as he engages / disengages his anamorphic lens (a simple MCWS call to select the appropriate JRVR profile would suit this process very well).

One idea would be in JRVR to let a user right click on their "Display" and make a copy that they could then use to make the customizations to, then the ability to manual select which one to use.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2024, 05:06:22 pm »

Thinking about it, that last suggestion on the "how" is superfluous.  The current system of Profiles works perfectly.  Just need a way to select it via MCWS etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2024, 12:41:33 am »

The tricky part with MCWS is - how do you determine which display to apply it to? The display identifier we use is long and unwieldy.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2024, 02:13:25 am »

The same way the current rules based approach to selecting a profile does it (eg Active Monitor)?

You just let the user setup the Profiles as normal, but instead of a rule to evoke it (like we can now), you evoke it with MCWS.  In having a gander at what is in the registry for it, you could have MCWS calls like:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/JRVR/Section=ActiveMonitor(or Scaling, Filtering, Advanced)&Profile=1 (or 2 or 3 etc)
JRiver CEO Elect

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2024, 02:50:05 am »

I think Hendrik is referring to the existence of multiple displays which have a long and obscure internal id (example in https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135621.msg954328.html#msg954328) and how to refer to that in the parameters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2024, 03:51:06 am »

I understand.  Hence the suggestion of "ActiveMonitor" which is how I think the meta data current profile selection works for those settings related to a particular monitor. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2024, 03:57:31 am »

So here is how the profiles are nested in the registry.  Profiles for Adanced, Filters, and Scaling are device independent, so that is simple.  The settings related to each "Monitor" is unique to each monitor, but that really does not matter if you are swtiching profiles as you go.  You want to select the required profile under the "Active Monitor" just like the current matching engine would. 
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2024, 10:40:28 am »

I was more thinking about MCWS, in the UI and during active playback its less of a concern. If MCWS would only work during playback, that would work, but be rather limiting.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2024, 02:25:24 pm »

True.  You could have MCWS use the "friendly name" (which seems to be the associated Audio Renderer) for the monitor?  Eg, My "??DISPLAY#PIO1018#5&10515596&0&UID4352#{e6f07b5f-ee97-4a90-b076-33f57bf4eaa7}" appears as "Sound System" in the UI.  You could also make the associated "friendly name" editable by the user?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2024, 02:08:07 pm »

The other thing that occurred to me is have simply allocate all the profiles with a unique # instead of repeating the # by section. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2024, 03:38:02 pm »

Hi Hendrik, did you settle on any particular way on how to do this?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2024, 06:08:32 am »

FWIW - with Matt's update for "Create Field" that lets you update the default value, this works well with the existing JRVR profile selection using MCWS's "Library/CreateField?Name=JRVR_Profile_To_Use&Expression=Stretch" for a brute library update but of course does not help with the switching the profile for the current video (but works for subsequent playback).

Looking forward to a "real" soln. 

JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2024, 10:50:33 am »

I started adding this in, and I figure the control will be somewhat like this:

- Setting in the profile manager which one is the "default"
- Option in the context menu
- (Maybe) in the OSD, we'll see how it goes
- A MCC command to set it

The MCC command is the only tricky bit, because for "Output" profiles you need to link it to a monitor. I might go with currently playing or primary monitor for now, that should cover 99% I guess.
The primary issue is otherwise that MCC isn't really good at taking strings, if we can get away with only numbers, its so much easier.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2024, 02:55:53 pm »

Sounds great.  I agree that a MCC string of 1, 2, 3 etc would be the easiest not only for MCC but also for users to understand what profile is being applied as the default.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2024, 07:57:28 pm »

Hendrik has added this feature (thanks!) and it seems to work well from my testing.  It is in 32.0.35 and later so should be on the main board anytime soon for broader testing! :) 
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2024, 08:53:08 am »

Hendrik has added this feature (thanks!) and it seems to work well from my testing.  It is in 32.0.35 and later so should be on the main board anytime soon for broader testing! :)
The future is now:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138687.msg961822.html#msg961822

murray

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2024, 12:04:25 am »

Many thanks Hendrik for the new anamorphic stretch on/off manual selection, I have it all working and its fantastic!
I have four commands setup from one button press on the ipad, motorised masking starts and moves to scope/50ms/JVC aspect/50ms/cineslide which holds the A lens moves in/50ms/JRVR stretch, the whole operation is smooth and seemless all within 2secs.

The stretch is instant and correct, however we have an issue.... When I play a scope arthouse/festival film with subtitles (which I have many), the stretch for the subtitles isnt activated which means the subtitles are short, fat, wide on the screen as they arnt stretched. The anamorphic lens inplace makes the subtitles short fat and wide, but the stretch is only on the video image and not on the subtitles themselves. For the image to look normal both the subtitles and the image needs to stretch. Out of 3000 films I have there is only one that has the subtitles burned in, that is very abnormal as 99.9% are overlayed and one selects the laungage they want.

Hendrik is it possible to also allow the subtitles to stretch with the image when required?

Thank in advance...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2024, 03:42:48 am »

That makes sense, subtitles should be stretched as well if you use anamorphic rendering. I'll take a look next week.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2024, 05:29:47 am »

Hey Hendrik, Is there a way to set all the profiles back to the "Default" once playback has finished and you are just back in TheaterView (for example) using MCWS/MCC?
JRiver CEO Elect

murray

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2024, 05:36:01 am »

That makes sense, subtitles should be stretched as well if you use anamorphic rendering. I'll take a look next week.
Wonderful many thanks Hendrik!

murray

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2024, 05:37:04 am »

Hey Hendrik, Is there a way to set all the profiles back to the "Default" once playback has finished and you are just back in TheaterView (for example) using MCWS/MCC?
Yes this is quite important really.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2024, 05:47:29 am »

scope/50ms/JVC aspect/50ms/cineslide which holds the A lens moves in/50ms/JRVR stretch

Just a FYI on this, Murray sends the MCC command twice with a delay between them to make sure that there is an active screen playing to enable the change from 16:9 to Anamorphic in JRVR, as (I understand it) the cmd only works when there is an active screen and if he times the change "perfectly" on a playlist of videos, he hits the bit where the old graph is broken down and the new one has not yet started.  No biggie just a FYI incase other come across the "why did not change"?   
JRiver CEO Elect

murray

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2024, 11:32:09 pm »

Just a FYI on this, Murray sends the MCC command twice with a delay between them to make sure that there is an active screen playing to enable the change from 16:9 to Anamorphic in JRVR, as (I understand it) the cmd only works when there is an active screen and if he times the change "perfectly" on a playlist of videos, he hits the bit where the old graph is broken down and the new one has not yet started.  No biggie just a FYI incase other come across the "why did not change"?   
Yes correct I have to fire the stretch command twice between two files with a 500ms beten the two commands. Sometimes the stretch doesnt work if its activated dead between two files as there is nothing playing for a sec between two files.

Stretch will not activate unless a video is playing, thats actually a shame as the menu in Theatre view is really messed up when you return to it as it doesnt stretch. Is there anyway to get the menu of Theatre view to also stretch Hendrik?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2024, 06:26:16 am »

In the next build the MCC commands can be called without JRVR playing, but Output profile changes will apply to the primary screen in that case. When done during playback, nothing changes, the current display is still used.

We don't support aspect ratio changes for theater view, but it wouldn't be impossible to support. However, I assume you would also want it to change with MCC and all that, which adds a lot of complexity...
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

murray

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2024, 03:09:19 pm »

In the next build the MCC commands can be called without JRVR playing, but Output profile changes will apply to the primary screen in that case. When done during playback, nothing changes, the current display is still used.
That sounds good.

We don't support aspect ratio changes for theater view, but it wouldn't be impossible to support. However, I assume you would also want it to change with MCC and all that, which adds a lot of complexity...
Its not the end of the world if theatre view doesnt change with stretch as I can easily change back to 16.9 for the menu, but I would say for those that leave the anamorphic inplace all the time (this is most people) it would be a problem.

However subtitles without stretch for me are the biggest problem as we watch alot of festival "art house" films.

murray

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2024, 04:08:05 pm »

Many thanks for this Hendrik its working fantastic and now looks correct!  :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2024, 04:09:18 pm »

Nice!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up