INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 31.0.17 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3024 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 31.0.17 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: June 01, 2023, 09:11:46 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 31.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter310017-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter310017.exe (works on all systems)

31.0.17 (5/29/2023)

1. Fixed: Selecting an aspect ratio/cropping preset from the playback OSD did not work since 31.0.15.
2. Changed: Auto-import will now run black bar analysis on all unprocessed files, similar to audio analysis.
3. NEW: Added "DCI-P3-D65 in BT.2020" as a screen gamut configuration to JRVR.
4. NEW: When performing HDR to HDR tone mapping, the gamut can be reduced to DCI-P3 in BT.2020.
5. Fixed: When closing multiple tabs, it was not working nicely when selecting a non-selected tab.

31.0.16 (5/26/2023)

1. Fixed: Remote control playback buttons were not working in Amazon Music.

31.0.15 (5/26/2023)

1. Changed: When selecting a default audio stream for DVB TV channels, we will try to avoid special audio streams (such as "audio description for the visually impaired"), if such type info is found during channel scanning.
2. NEW: When playing ATSC, DVB, OpenCABLE, or SatIP live TV, the "Audio Programs" context menu will include audio program type description (for example "Audio description for the vidually impaired") if such info is found.
3. NEW: Metadata-driven automatic black bar cropping in JRVR, based on the "Video Crop" database field, which can be filled with the Video Analysis tool.  Use this thread for questions:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136125.msg942962.html#msg942962
4. NEW: Consolidated all aspect ratio settings in the JRVR Output -> General settings, allowing per-device and profile-based configuration.
5. Changed: The option "Crop Sides of Video to Fill Screen" in the Crop Black Bars context menu has been removed, use "Crop" aspect ratio mode instead.
6. NEW: Amazon Music in Theater View with remote / keyboard control and navigation.  Available to add in Items to Show for Theater View.

31.0.14 (5/23/2023)

1. Changed: Split the JRVR Output settings into individual pages for HDR and Calibration for easier navigation.
2. Changed: The JRVR HDR configuration page will show the reported max HDR brightness of the detected displays.
3. Fixed: Submitting cover art was not working since the server changes.
4. Fixed: Track info submit and get was not working since the server changes.

31.0.13 (5/22/2023)

1. Changed: Picking Player > Playing Now > Show Playing Now will activate an inactive Playing Now tab instead of switching the current view.
2. Changed: Made showing tree roots (Alt+1,2,etc.) switch to an inactive tab instead of opening a new view if it finds that tab.
3. Changed: WTV files' "WM/MediaOriginalChannel" and "WM/MediaOriginalChannelSubNumber" tags are mapped to user fields "Original Channel" and "Original Subchannel" respectively.
4. Changed: Some additional tags are saved when saving tags to WTV files.
5. Changed: Clicking the playing file image, it will try to find a Playing Now tab open to switch to instead of opening a new view.
6. Changed: Tooltips that complete large fields in the Tag window always show regardless of the tooltip option.
7. Changed: Made car radio button tooltips show the default delay instead of much quicker.
8. NEW: MC will write channel numbers (major and minor channels for ATSC and logical channel number of DVB) to corresponding tags in WTC recordings if custom fields "Original Channel" and "Original Subchannel" have been created by users.
9. Fixed: If TV recording format was set to "wtv" for bda tuners, a file with extension "jr-sbr" was created in the TV recording folder after watching a channel live in time-shifting mode.
10. Changed: Added *.xmltv as a possible file extension (in addition to .xml) when selecting an xmltv file for TV setup.

31.0.12 (5/18/2023)

1. Fixed: Saving [Date Recorded] tag to WTV files and reloading the tag from the files could cause the datetime to shift to a slightly earlier time.
2. Fixed: When saving [Date] field which had no time component (or a 00:00:00 time) to WTV files the Hour value was set to 12.
3. Changed: Some additional tags are saved when saving tags to WTV files.
4. Changed: Picking Playing > Playing Now > Show Playing Now will not switch away from a locked Playing Now tab but instead just scroll to show the playing file.
5. Changed: Using the "Show tree root" shortcuts will refresh the view instead of recreate when that view is already showing.
6. Changed: Truncation tooltips no longer honor the setting for tooltips, but instead always show.
7. NEW: Made the tooltips toolbar button a menu with choices (and the active one checked) instead of simply a toggle.

31.0.11 (5/16/2023)

1. Changed: Do not show player bar tooltip when not in Standard View.
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
3. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).

31.0.10 (5/11/2023)

1. Fixed: Removing files from a client did not delete or recycle server disk files as specified.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) language file (thanks YanJun Sun!).
3. NEW: Support for Bitstreaming of compressed audio formats from audio files using the video engine for playback (eg. MKA).
4. Fixed: Prime Video navigation in Theater View was broken due to recent Amazon website changes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

daladna

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 31.0.17 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 11:16:00 am »

hi, thank you for take up to date, and for improvement
i have one problem with sdr. i said it before, but probably my english or and i didn't give enough information
with sdr videos every time i need to change this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q4M-0WDbeBvbHjfrESXvP92ltY6DRwzD/view?usp=sharing
is that possible for the player automatically change preset value in windows? or add analogue thing(no brightens or contrast or calibration) exactly this stuff(change brightness for bright pixels with minimum touch dark pixels, contrast or and brightness itself doesn't do the work)... for everything i do settings(0) is good, but watching sdr movies better with other value, i use 50, someone probably use 100 or 48 or 75 or whatever better for their tv/monitor and eyes... with hdr no problems all looks as good as can, only sdr force me to open that windows settings click and clack here and there for change that parameter... is that possible to add the option for player set that value when opened and set back when closed... for hdr this parameter will not change picture so will not a problem, but with sdr movies that will do kind work... actually don't understand why nvidia, and probably amd didn't add something like this in their drivers, or microsoft itself doesn't add app dependency for this thing...
thank you

Manfred

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 11:32:53 am »

Updated ~1h ago.
Since then JRWorker is running at 100% CPU! Is this expected behavior due to the JRVR changes?

(I have looked in more detail in it: It seems that MC it's running black bar detection in the background - 28 TB Video Content will took some time then!)
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 03:29:48 pm »

If you have black bar analysis enabled in the auto import dialog, then it'll catch up on files that lack it as of this version, yes. Similar to how audio analysis works. You can disable it in the auto-import config if you would rather catch up manually and then re-enable it after.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Manfred

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 03:52:06 am »

16h later- Job done
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Fred H

• Recent member
lpc "playing"
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 08:24:51 am »

Several times (always?) overnight after upgrading to 31 I've found the Player source changed to lpc (with Filename as live://ipc?pipe=000000000000009CC&streaming=1 -- didn't count the zeros). I disliked this but hoped it would go away on its own.

Yesterday I stopped a local playlist around 5pm. At 9:30pm I found "lpc" as the source again!

I don't remember changing any settings after upgrading and I'm pretty plain vanilla, but I might have done something. It's running on a Win 10 pc that's kept up to date to an outboard dac/amp. The pc is shut down overnight.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: lpc "playing"
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 08:25:48 am »

Several times (always?) overnight after upgrading to 31 I've found the Player source changed to lpc (with Filename as live://ipc?pipe=000000000000009CC&streaming=1 -- didn't count the zeros). I disliked this but hoped it would go away on its own.

Yesterday I stopped a local playlist around 5pm. At 9:30pm I found "lpc" as the source again!

I don't remember changing any settings after upgrading and I'm pretty plain vanilla, but I might have done something. It's running on a Win 10 pc that's kept up to date to an outboard dac/amp. The pc is shut down overnight.

Make sure the Media Center WDM driver is not selected as your default Windows audio device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Fred H

• Recent member
Re: lpc "playing"
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 09:21:19 am »

Make sure the Media Center WDM driver is not selected as your default Windows audio device.

It was. Now "headphones" and rebooted. All is well. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up