More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

NEW: Bitstreaming Audio-only Files, Including Dolby Atmos

<< < (5/5)

EnglishTiger:

--- Quote from: salvadordalisdad on November 13, 2023, 05:18:32 am ----- How can I send Atmos to it ?
-- How can I tell if it's Atmos ?

--- End quote ---

To send Atmos to the Avr it has to be connected to the PC running MC using an HDMI 2.0, or 2.1, cable.
About the only way I know of ensuring the Atmos Stream is being played is to Rip the Optical Disc to a MKV File and then use MKVToolNix to extract and convert the "Atmos Stream" to a MKA file.

tzr916:

--- Quote from: salvadordalisdad on November 13, 2023, 05:18:32 am ---That's the point of the question, "how do I send Atmos content to it" when I currently have MC27 which doesn't support Atmos.

I want to make sure I understand this MC31 upgrade will do it & I know that it will work with my content...and how to set it up, seems fair I thought.

--- End quote ---
I don't rip blurays, but I have been playing Atmos, DTSMA, and TrueHD VIDEO trailers on MC for years. So, pretty sure any version of MC supports Atmos for VIDEO files using Bitstreaming in MC. The only thing that was added recently was AUDIO only Atmos files.

As far as upgrading, there may be more reasons to do so than you think... for MC27 and older "Core functionality will work, but cover art and CD lookup will fail":
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136204.0.html

What brand and model is your AVR? Does it have a mobile app or web GUI where you can check input/output formats?

rec head:
Like I said and English Tiger expanded on you have to set MC to bitstream and be connected via HDMI. Then play an Atmos track or movie.

Sorry, I have only had Denon AVRs and my currnet HTP-1 and they show the input format, I didn't realize there were receivers that didn't have displays or GUIs. The only way I can think of to confirm the AVR is receiving Atmos is to make sure that all of the upmixing is turned off on the Yamaha and listen to see if the height channels are playing. There are lists of good Atmos mixes to find content.

EnglishTiger:
I don't own or use an AVR - but I do have a Dolby Atmos Equipped Samsung harman/karman 7.1.4 Soundbar connected to my PC which lets me know if and when MC is feeding it a Track with an Atmos Stream.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version