INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search in Theater View  (Read 253 times)

pharmtech78

• Recent member
Search in Theater View
« on: June 10, 2023, 10:11:13 am »

I'm trying to add search in theater view mode and can't seem to get it working right. I added search list under movies and options to "show search at file level", but doesn't always find the name of the movie that i search for. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. Please let me know if there's something that I'm missing or another way of doing this, thanks.     

pharmtech78

• Recent member
Re: Search in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 10:33:52 am »

An example is fast and furious. If I search "fast" it also gives me other movies that contain the word fast in their description. I've tried setting rules >Description >is not and leaving the third box blank. And modify results >Only matches of >Name. But it still seems to bring up movies that contain the words that I search for. Is there a way to ignore the description text info when searching for just the name of the movie?   

pharmtech78

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 05:59:43 am »

I think i found the correct way, was right in front of me all this time...sigh. Items To Show, Add and choose Search from the list of option. Is there a way to nest it in under Movies? Seems to always put it above Video.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 07:12:48 am »

You should see an up and down button to move an item.

But maybe you don't need search.  You can type a letter on your keyboard to move to that position in a list.  You can also do that with the number pad, the way you would on a phone.  G is 4, H is 4 twice ...

pharmtech78

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 08:42:27 am »

You should see an up and down button to move an item.

But maybe you don't need search.  You can type a letter on your keyboard to move to that position in a list.  You can also do that with the number pad, the way you would on a phone.  G is 4, H is 4 twice ...

I attempted that, but it always seems to go past the items where I want to place it. I wanted to have it where Grid, Wall, Genres sits, somewhere in between those items. I tried unest and nest and didn't help neither.   

I can give that a try, but I like being able to search quicker with the letters on screen. I would have to memorize the numbers to the corresponding letters, maybe being lazy i guess lol.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up