INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import summary sidebar window steals focus from the tag editor  (Read 349 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Sometimes while tagging I like to trigger an auto-import to pick up and analyze files in the background while I work. Unfortunately, when the auto-import completes the import summary window steals focus from the tag editor window in the sidebar so I lose whatever I was in the middle of tagging. Could the import summary window not steal focus from the tag edit so it pops up silently? Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Import summary sidebar window steals focus from the tag editor
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 07:50:08 am »

If I'm tagging a file, then hit Alt+I to kick off import, it switches to the Importing Media action window and then the summary.

This is just the way it is today.

You could set up auto-import to watch folders so you wouldn't need to run it manually.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 10:21:28 am »

Yes, I suppose it does steal focus at the beginning as well. I don't think it makes sense for it to steal focus in either case (not a warning/error). But if it's intentional I will just assign a hotkey to MCC 23020,1 (I normally launch Auto-Import from a toolbar button, and while this reminds me of how nice custom toolbar commands would be to have, I swear it isn't a thinly-veiled request).

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 10:43:00 am »

You could set up auto-import to watch folders so you wouldn't need to run it manually.

Circling back on this, the reason I don't use Auto-Import in my "tagging views" is because whenever files are added or removed from the library, the view is reset and I lose my place (ordering is updated and selection moves to the top of the list). I'm not sure if this is the desired result, a limitation, or some other larger issue with dynamic reloads, so I prefer tagging in views that are not dynamically updated, instead performing them manually when I am not in the middle of tagging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up