INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: Cloudplay match Skin  (Read 483 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
FEATURE REQUEST: Cloudplay match Skin
« on: May 21, 2023, 10:28:30 am »

For several years now (since whenever Cloudplay was added), I have been waiting for JRiver to make the Cloudplay view look like every other view in a skin, which is to say: use the graphical skin elements that skin author's have so diligently put in the time/effort to create.  I find it visually jarring when I load Cloudplay, as its style is completely disconnected (graphically) from the skin itself.  In addition, if you use a dark skin, switching to Cloudplay is blinding due to its current default white background (and far worse when using MC in a dark room). 

About six months ago, I mocked up what Cloudplay could look like with my DIB skin, if Cloudplay used DIB's features and colors (comparison pix below).  I decided to wait for the next MC update before posting this, in the hopes that maybe this time it would get updated.  Since it hasn't, I guess I will make the official request.

Here's hoping that this is the year JRiver makes it happen!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Cloudplay match Skin
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 11:57:18 pm »

The Streaming", Playlists, "Drive & Devices" and "Services & Plugins" all show the same white background which is probably because those pages are used by every Skin and may be using HTML and not the Skinning Engine.

It may be possible for a skin creator to modify them in the same way we can modify the small & large icon sets but I seriously doubt it.

The change I would like to see is for Display View to use the background and text colours from the skinning engine instaed of it's default white text on a black background; a combination no Standard View Skin currently available uses.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:57:19 am »

The Streaming", Playlists, "Drive & Devices" and "Services & Plugins" all show the same white background...
I would love it if all those items used the skins list background color as well, but if I am going to pick the most important one to update, it is Cloudplay (and just as importantly, incorporate each skins buttons, scrollbars, etc.).

Having Cloudplay be completely different than the rest of the skin is… dare I say… amateurish looking?  I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say that - but that is my gut reaction every time I load that view.  Clearly the developers are not amateurs and they have other priorities, and I get that. However - given that Cloudplay is a truly unique MC feature relative to its competitors, is used heavily, and due to recent changes in JRiver's business model is now a "premium" sort of feature, it seems to me that having it match the skin would/should be a reasonably high priority.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 02:59:26 pm »

In the next build (26), Cloudplay will use skin colors where possible.

-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 03:34:47 pm »

In the next build (26), Cloudplay will use skin colors where possible.

Per your sample pix, this will be a HUGE appearance improvement! Thank you cncb! Really looking forward to the update.  Any chance incorporating each skin's specific buttons, scrollbars, menus, etc. for CloudPlay are on your future "to do" list? 

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 03:51:29 pm »

Any chance incorporating each skin's specific buttons, scrollbars, menus, etc. for CloudPlay are on your future "to do" list?

It is not feasible to use the actual button and scrollbar images, but it uses a representative color from a small area of the center of the images.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 04:04:18 pm »

Ok... thanks for letting me know.

I am curious though... why is not feasible?  Is it because of what ET mentioned in his post - that the Cloudplay pages are HTML based? and thus do not use the skin's main.XML file?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 04:31:52 pm »

Yes, it is a web page from a web server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up