More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

Jtalk and Alexa in JRiver 31

<< < (2/2)

cncb:
The JTalk update is now available.

A big thanks to @hjreuter for all his work on the translation such that JTalk is now available in Germany.

Get and Set Rating (0-5) commands are also now available.  They apply to the current file in Playing Now.  You can now say:

Alexa, ask J Talk what is the rating
Alexa, ask J Talk to set rating to 4
Alexa, ask J Talk to clear rating

Axedall:
I am looking forward to giving this a try. Thank you so much for adding it!

Axedall:
Tried out the new rating feature and it seems to be working well. One thing worth noting that may cause some people issues is that you have to enable authentication in the program media server menu, and then you have to disable the skill and relink if authentication wasn't previously enabled.

One feedback that I would give is that after setting a star rating Alexa will repeat the entire name of the track back and tell you what the rating was changed to. This can be pretty intrusive for some longer track titles (ie. classical music) and something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

FranknKansas:

--- Quote from: Axedall on September 12, 2023, 09:27:52 pm ---something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

--- End quote ---

You might consider turning on Alexa's "Brief mode".

cncb:
JTalk is now available in Italy!  A big thanks to @notbad for doing the translation.

--- Quote from: Axedall on September 12, 2023, 09:27:52 pm ---One feedback that I would give is that after setting a star rating Alexa will repeat the entire name of the track back and tell you what the rating was changed to. This can be pretty intrusive for some longer track titles (ie. classical music) and something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

--- End quote ---

Sorry it has been so long, but the new version just responds "OK" now when setting the rating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version