INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ on a PopOut instead of a window?  (Read 287 times)

dorianm

• Junior Woodchuck
EQ on a PopOut instead of a window?
« on: July 02, 2023, 09:11:40 am »

I've attached a screenshot of an app named Colibri. Their EQ is rather easy to access since it's just a click away and hides just as easily.  Just an idea, because in the current form, it's a bit of a hassle making changes to the EQ in MC (aside from the EQ not fitting on windows that are running on multiple screens, as I mentioned on another thread).

I also developed an app for the iPhone and my app is able to read the name of the playing song, and determine the album and artist, and compare it to an entry in the database. If the entry is the same, then it auto selects that EQ entry and plays off of that. If not, then it default to presets the user assigned.

It also auto names the EQ with the name of the artist and album name, with a single click.

Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: EQ on a PopOut instead of a window?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 12:32:54 pm »

I do not have an answer to your question.  But I have some information that might be of interest to you.

*  You can quickly open the DSP Studio window with Command-d .  That might save you some clicks.
*  MC has the ability to save DSP Studio presets, which can include EQ.  These presets can be assigned to individual tracks, albums, artists, etc.  This gets very complicated, so you'll want to read up on it.  The first 4 posts here discuss some downsides that you need to be aware of:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121606.0

*  All EQ in MC is applied in the PCM domain.  Which means that if you EQ your DSD files, they will be converted, on the fly, to PCM and then back to DSD.  This is "normal" for music players.  I'm unaware of any DSD player that can apply EQ directly on DSD.  It needs to be converted to PCM first for the ones I am aware of.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

dorianm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: EQ on a PopOut instead of a window?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 03:17:31 pm »

I do not have an answer to your question.  But I have some information that might be of interest to you.

*  You can quickly open the DSP Studio window with Command-d .  That might save you some clicks.
*  MC has the ability to save DSP Studio presets, which can include EQ.  These presets can be assigned to individual tracks, albums, artists, etc.  This gets very complicated, so you'll want to read up on it.  The first 4 posts here discuss some downsides that you need to be aware of:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121606.0

*  All EQ in MC is applied in the PCM domain.  Which means that if you EQ your DSD files, they will be converted, on the fly, to PCM and then back to DSD.  This is "normal" for music players.  I'm unaware of any DSD player that can apply EQ directly on DSD.  It needs to be converted to PCM first for the ones I am aware of.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

That leads me to believe that, there is no point in having a DSD512 player if I use an EQ, since it's going to be resampled do PCM anyways.

Thanks,

Dorian
Pages: [1]   Go Up