INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 31.0.33 for Debian BULLSEYE (amd64, i386, arm64 and armhf)  (Read 986 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is the latest build of MC31 for Linux.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
Linux AMD64: https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter-31.0.33-amd64.deb
Linux ARM64: https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter-31.0.33-arm64.deb
Linux ARMHF: https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter-31.0.33-armhf.deb
Linux i386: https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter-31.0.33.deb

Also in the latest repo, note, the BULLSEYE branch.

31.0.33 (7/11/2023)

1 NEW: Support reading and saving EXIF Artist and Copyright fields for images.  These fields will be saved in corresponding image EXIF tags if they only contain ASCII characters (since the corresponding EXIF tags only support ASCII).
2. Fixed: Thumbnail image embedded in an image might not be loaded because the EXIF tagging had a wrong thumbnail data size.
3. Changed: Improved reporting of DSD to PCM conversion in Audio Path.
4. Changed: More work on the Unswap expression.
5. Fixed: Parsing EXIF blocks could enter an endless loop with some images.
6. NEW: The Comment field (if not empty) will be saved in image EXIF tag UserComment.  The Name field will be saved to image EXIF tag ImageDescription if the text is ASCII, otherwise we try to save it into UserComment if UserComment is not already filled.
7. Fixed: Erroneous GPS data was loaded for some images taken with cameras not equipped with GPS.
8. Changed: Better support for commas without spaces in the Unswap expression.
9. Fixed: Improved state tracking during JRVR startup for a potential hang fix.
10. NEW: Added an MCC to seek to a percent (MCC_SEEK_PERCENT / 10072).
11. Changed: Unswap(...) handles double (and more) spaces just like Swap(...).
12. Changed: Updated libplacebo in JRVR, with many HDR gamut mapping improvements.
13. NEW: Added an option to JRVR Advanced settings to allow disabling the histogram in peak detection for improved performance on slow systems.
14. Changed: Drives&Devices, Playlists, Podcasts, Services&Plugins, and Streaming pages use skin background and text colors.
15. Changed: Reworked how the default webpages like Playlists, Drives & Devices, etc. are included (please report any issues).
16. Changed: A little work on the Unswap(...) expression to better support the new Swap(...) expression.
17. Fixed: Video playback could crash in some cases.
18. NEW: Added a setting to control the target contrast when tone mapping HDR to SDR in JRVR.

31.0.28 (6/30/2023)

1. Changed: Triple spaces (or more) were still causing Swap problems.
2. Fixed: Media Center could leak memory when parsing an invalid MP4 file.
3. Fixed: Spotlight was not loading properly.
4. Fixed: Double spaces are removed by the Swap(...) function to avoid problems they cause.
5. Fixed: Improved detection heuristics in black bar analysis for more confident results.
6. Changed: Re-position New and Popular playlist links under Cloudplay title text.
7. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
8. Changed: Updated Simplified Chinese translation (thanks YanJun Sun).
9. Fixed: The new formatted flag on Playback/Info was not working properly.
10. Changed: Slightly better handling of commas in the Swap(...) expression.
11. Changed: Tuned the Swap(...) expression based on feedback on Interact.
12. Changed: Updated libplacebo with a lot of tone mapping and gamut mapping changes for processing HDR videos in JRVR.
13. NEW: Added new options to JRVR for controlling tone mapping. Output -> Contrast Recovery Strength, Output -> Spline Contrast (advanced HDR settings), Advanced -> Use Tricubic interpolation for gamut mapping.
14. Changed: Black Bar Analysis uses a simple heuristic to improve the quality of the detection, and write a report into the [Video Black Bar Analysis Report] field.
15. Fixed: UI skin issues with Clouplay start page when not signed in.
16. NEW: New EXIF library with full read and write support for much improved JPEG tagging.
17. NEW: Added an option to Tree & View > Advanced to hide tab close buttons.
18. NEW: Added a Dehexify expression function.
19. NEW: Use skin colors for Cloudplay.
20. Changed: Added a "Formatted" parameter to MCWS Playback/Info to allow specifying if the return value should be formatted or not.
21. NEW: Added "Chapter" Mode to MCWS Playback/Position to allow skipping to a specified chapter.
22. Changed: Tuned the Swap(...) expression function to work better with big strings.
23. Changed: Cleaned up the escapement in the Base URL of the links dialog so it should not be necessary (but the search expression still needs escapement).
24. NEW: Added mode to the MCWS Playback/Position and allow passing a percentage (works with relative or absolute seeks).
25. Changed: The "Unlock All Tabs" menu option disables when all the tabs are unlocked.
26. Changed: The "Lock All Tabs" menu option disables when all the tabs are already locked.
27. Fixed: Black Bar detection would not reliably select different points in the video file in some cases.

31.0.24 (6/20/2023)

1. NEW: Added the chapter list to Playback/Info.
2. Fixed: TIFF files with JPEG encoding did not work properly.
3. NEW: Contrast Recovery for tone mapping HDR video in JRVR, which enhances the details of tone mapped video.
4. Changed: Various improvements to JRVR tone mapping, improving perceived saturation and other color issues.
5. Changed: Dynamic Tone Mapping (Peak Detection) in JRVR is now on by default, as well as in the Balanced and Quality presets.
6. Changed: When matching, Spotlight will ignore any extra user data in movie or tv show titles enclosed in brackets.  For example, "Avatar [3D]" will match just Avatar.
7. Changed: Loading and saving views also restores the tab locked state.
8. NEW: If more than one tab is open, the option to lock and unlock all the tabs is in the header menu.

31.0.23 (6/15/2023)

1. Fixed: The "Prefer DVD Order" option for TV Show lookup did not work properly with TheMovieDB lookups.
2. Changed: Black bar analysis skips more frames after a seek for decoding to stabilize before checking for black bars.
3. Fixed: Cloudplay would go to home page when there was an edit in another tab.
4. Fixed: Corrected the typo so the field is now "State/Province".
5. NEW: Added the tags City and State/Province and mapped them to the same IPTC fields for images.
6. Fixed: Seeking a video close to the end would cause playback to stop.

RemyJ

I don't think this is new but "Recently Playing Now's" are getting deleted when MC is closed. Or maybe they're never saved. Locking them doesn't help.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

I don't think this is new but "Recently Playing Now's" are getting deleted when MC is closed. Or maybe they're never saved. Locking them doesn't help.
Have you got 'Tools>Options>General>Advanced>Clear Playing Now on exit' checked?
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

RemyJ

Have you got 'Tools>Options>General>Advanced>Clear Playing Now on exit' checked?
Nope.  Unchecked.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RemyJ

OK so I can reproduce the issue where MC is not keeping track of running time on videos.

Create a test file:
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc=duration=10:size=854x480:rate=30 -vf "drawtext=text=%{n}:fontsize=72:r=60:x=(w-tw)/2: y=h-(2*lh):fontcolor=white:box=1:boxcolor=0x00000099" test30.mp4
You should have a 182kb, 10 second file with 30fps.

Open MC and do "Play Media File"
Once the video starts, click on the middle of the position slider.
What I see is...
The position bar moves to the middle.
MC's running counter changes to 0:05
The video restarts!
When MC gets to 0:10 and the slider reaches the end,  the video is actually still at 5 seconds.
MC keeps incrementing the running counter...  0:10, 0:11 ...0:15
Playback stops when the video reaches 10 seconds and the frame counter reaches 300.

Repeat the process but this time, after the click on the middle of the position bar, press the keyboard right arrow a few times keep to skip forward and you'll  see the video keep resetting to 8 seconds.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Nope.  Unchecked.
Just rechecked my Linux Mint 21.1/MC31.0.33 if 'Tools>Options>General>Advanced>Clear Playing Now on exit' is unchecked then playlist is retained in Playing Now, if checked then playlist is removed from 'Playing Now'.

You may want to start a new thread for the issue, I can't reproduce what you are seeing.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

RemyJ

Just rechecked my Linux Mint 21.1/MC31.0.33 if 'Tools>Options>General>Advanced>Clear Playing Now on exit' is unchecked then playlist is retained in Playing Now, if checked then playlist is removed from 'Playing Now'.

You may want to start a new thread for the issue, I can't reproduce what you are seeing.

I'm not talking about "Playing Now" itself.  I'm talking about "Recent Playing Nows" which are enabled under General>Features.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Sorry, I need to wake up in the morning and read posts more carefully...  :D

Yes, Recent Playing Nows are cleaned up on exit, been that way for a long time.

Discussion re: this for MC26 about 3 years ago: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126102.msg873843.html#msg873843

RemyJ

Yes, Recent Playing Nows are cleaned up on exit, been that way for a long time.
Huh.  Maybe I only noticed them missing because I've been restarting MC a lot lately to test the video issue.  Usually it stays open and only gets restarted for updates.
Or maybe it's just that my brain has turned to mush over the last 21 years of using MJ/MC. :)
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up