INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange tags after import  (Read 897 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Strange tags after import
« on: February 20, 2003, 06:49:28 am »

After I did a full import of my mp3's, some of them were tagged very starnge...for instance, former name tags were replaced with another 'Various Artists' tag...the seems to come from
TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompa..): Various Artists

and Genre tags I never used like:
TCON (Content type): Rap & Hip Hop (this one was before import just 'Rap')

anyone?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Strange tags after import
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 07:50:19 am »

If artist isn't filled in, we use other artist related fields (like TPE2) to fill the artist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 09:54:12 am »

OK...but if Artist WAS filled in...? I never fill in the TPE2, but some of the files were downloaded so the person who ripped them might have filled it out. Anyway, It seems that *IF* TPE2 is used, MC wants to use that primarily to TPE1... how's that for a theory? :)

And what about the genre field? But ok, I might have been sloppy with that when I think of it...:)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 08:50:35 pm »

I have the same issue. The current algorithm isn't quite right. If TPE1 (Artist) and TPE2 (Orchestra) both contain data, MC ignores TPE1 and reads the data from TPE2 into the artist field in the database.

Instead, if TPE1 contains data, MC should always pull from TPE1 to populate the Artist field regardless of what may be sitting in the other TPE fields.

I have not had a problem importing genres. However, none of my MP3 files contain any data in the TIT1 tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up