INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.117 beta  (Read 2794 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.117 beta
« on: February 20, 2003, 07:42:08 am »

Media Center 9.0.117 beta is available.  

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90117.exe  

Changes

1. Fixed: MP3 plug-in was leaking memory while updating tags.
2. NEW: Added "Optimize volume for best sound quality" option in Startup options. (on by default)
3. Fixed: Playback of media that had a display (images, movies, DVD, etc.) would crash MC.
4. Fixed: WMA plug-in would fail to tag some files.
5. NEW: Added tag dump to WMA plug-in.
6. Changed: Hairstyle menus now loop if you move past the top or bottom.
7. Fixed: Hairstyle mouse selection didn't work right in scroll-able lists.
8. Fixed: MC clipboard operations did not support Unicode strings fully.
9. Fixed: MC displays an informative message if a CD is inserted but the volume ID can not be obtained.
10. Fixed: Memory leak in registration control.
11. Fixed: Replay gain analysis wasn't working with CD ripping.
12. Changed: Monkey's Audio decoding updated to 3.98 alpha 1.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matshif

Re: Media Center 9.0.117 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 08:07:50 am »

Playing Image and Video works now.

Thanks Matt

Mats

matshif

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 08:32:54 am »

Strange behavior!

If I play an Image in Windowed mood and then select another Image from list the whole desktop switch to something that looks like a "False Safe" situation, large icons and applications that goes out of the screen. Can you understand what I mean? You can come back to normal situation over the Esc-button.

Mats :-/

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 08:50:47 am »

Hi Matt

Images work now.

Thanks.

Mpeg2 (mp2) still dont play.

Still can only add one cover art at a time to an album and then have to reboot to add a second.

Thanks
Griff

matshif

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 09:01:11 am »

In former build, at least 115 playing files were high lighted, in blue if I can remember. No more fancy stuff?

Mats

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 09:07:01 am »

Periodic repainting (panel flashing) still present for TrackInfo in PlayingNow.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 09:13:16 am »

SDK still does not support internal images.

Calling:

pTrack->GetMJ()->GetImageFile( IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE )

On a track which has an internal image still produces filenames like:

D:\My Music\Aerosmith\Permanent Vacation\INTERNAL

No filename at all.

Phoenix

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 09:27:23 am »

Every time I try to use Media Scheduler to schedule any periodic task, it crashes.  If it is the first task I've scheduled, when I restart Media Scheduler, the task is there.  But, if I attempt to schedule a second periodic task, after the program crashes and restarts, the first task is untouched, but the second one always defaults to "Start Media Jukebox" at 4:00 PM on Weekdays.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 09:27:55 am »

- When deleting a file with shift from Playing now when a song is playing, the focus of the currently playing song is gone

- The "current" color for the now playing song is not working

- Clicking on "Display" in the fileproperties pane, doesn't do anything. Tried with all file formats.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 09:39:31 am »

• Still occasionally getting "ASIOMME.DLL already loaded" errors when loading mp3s from outside of MC9.
Toast goes in the toaster.

matshif

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 09:41:09 am »

- Clicking on "Display" in the fileproperties pane, doesn't do anything. Tried with all file formats.

Clicking shows Height and Width with question marks. At least in audio. Is that something?

Mats

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 09:45:54 am »

Clicking shows Height and Width with question marks. At least in audio. Is that something?

Mats

For me, it doesn't show anything, it doesn't open.

Media Center Registered 9.0.117 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1499 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Sounds\SUCCESS.WAV

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 4:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

matshif

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2003, 09:47:53 am »

I have also tested image with positive result.

Mats

Marty3d

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2003, 10:19:02 am »

MC 9.0.117
*OLD
- Mouse wheel scrolling at the bottom of a playlist scrolls the list to the right
- 'Last played' and 'Number of plays' behaviour wrong. Changes statistics after 50% of a song, not "remembered as played" after 50% and actually changed when song ends/switched
- Tooltip in notification area display ' ' instead of '&'
- Shift-Deleting a file in Playing Now reorders the list after the current sorting order
 Before:
 9 Delerium Enchanted
 5 Delerium Silence
 1 Depeche Mode Somebody
 After:
 1 Delerium Enchanted
 2 Delerium Silence
 3 Depeche Mode Somebody
- Shift-Deleting (delete from hd checked) bugged. The player pane shows Media Center 9.0 and   "buffering..." It seems that MC loses focus on which file is currently playing and especially which song comes next. The sound hangs in the end of currently playing track. If you stop and play again, you get the "Please select file to play" dialog.
- Auto Smartlist "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" doesn't include numberplays keyword, so it really doesn't show any "Top Hits". Same issue for "Top Hits -- listened to today"
- Bug with resizing MC. You can't resize Mega-me at all after doing the following steps:
1. Select a smartlist
1. Right click on an item in the search panel and select "Edit by typing".
2. Try to resize MC. It doesn't work until you change view to another playlist or scheme.
 UPDATE: Alt+TAB after trying to resize MC also shows a hidden window "JRiver Playback Engine Window"
- Search field doesn't support 'å' 'ä' and 'ö' (produces a box)
- The slider in File Properties (state docked or not, doesn't matter) flickers between skinned and windows standard when dragged or clicked
- Media Center is named Media Jukebox in Task Manager - Processes
- View Scheme doesn't work with Date Imported. Shows the different date in  the tree, but nothing under each item (search panel shows: [Date Imported]=[16 days, 10 hours ago]...perhaps it should convert to a date?). With grouping, it only shows 0-9...
Haven't tested, but not reported as fixed:
- Importing sometimes uses some other field than artist in tag, TPE2 I believe, even though "ID3v1 Tag - Artist" and "ID3v2 Tag - TPE1" is filled out
- Installer doesn't remove old install entries in add/remove programs. (Media jukebox entry) Can't check, have made a reinstall of Windows, please confirm
- Can't copy/paste correctly in Search panel (copy an item and try to paste it into another smartlist)
- Search panel wizard flukey. Doesn't work nicely with Replay Gain, lists a thousand different values and trying to get 0 OR ? files is impossible, wants to show all 0 AND empty. By the way, the wizard's <empty> doesn't work. IMHO it should be totally re-written/designed.
- Undo doesn't work when pasting from one search panel to another
*FIXED
- Nothing from previous report

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2003, 11:30:53 am »

Thanks for all the fixes!  

1)Clicking a *.rm link downloads the file instead of streaming it.  If I cut and paste the link in to "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

Clicking on a *.ram link does nothing.  Again, if I cut and paste it into "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

BOTH file types are registered under MC9 in IE Folder options.  

2)Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.

3)ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio).

4) If you change DSP settings from zone manager they are not saved.  You have to switch to each zone, open DSP from the player window and then adjust the settings.  This has to be done for each zone.

5)The playlist scrol bar still does not work in Min-Me skins.  I mean dragging the scroll bar or pressing up and down arrows does not scrol the playlist.   THANKS

6) In the last few builds holding the "next" button for a sertain ammount of time starts fast forwarding.  Nice feature, but you can't tell it's there untill you try it.  It would be nice if the button graphics changed to "fast forward" (two arrows) after holding the next button for a few seconds.   Also, a tooltip that tells you about that function when you hover over the "next" button.

7) SUGGESTION: It would be more intuitive if the Hairstyle player controls had graphics as well as text.  

8 ) QUESTION: I can't really tell the difference in audio quality between ASIO and Wave Mapper.  Not even with audio CDs.  Is there supposed to be a difference ?

9)FEATURE REQUEST: In WMP9 you can set the "minimize" button to switch to a miniature "task bar" player - a toolbar taskbar that contains the basic player controls.  It seems to me this is more useful than minimizing to system tray.  I know the player controls are accessible by right ckicking on the system tray icon; but that is just not as convenient or elegant.

10)PLUGIN REQUEST: Can somebody make a Real Player and Quick Time plugins, so that one does not have to install those players.  I know there may be licencing issues, but I know there is a Winamp Real Player plugin floating around the internet.

Media Center Registered 9.0.117 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\      

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)      
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB      

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)      
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer      

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767      
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav      

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes      
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes      
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 11:53:11 am »

When doing a Internet Lookup from within recording i always get YADB not found.

I know its there but from within Sound Recorder it must be looking somewhere else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up