INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Override Aspect Ratio with JRVR  (Read 487 times)

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
Override Aspect Ratio with JRVR
« on: July 27, 2023, 01:02:43 am »

When I'm using JRVR, I can use the context menu while the video is playing in window>override aspect ratio to set a 16:9 override.  This will only apply to the movie that's playing... how do I set a universal override so that I don't have to set this for each movie that I play?  I can't seem to find a setting for it.  Thanks for the help.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Override Aspect Ratio with JRVR
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 01:29:43 am »

go to

Options > Video > JRVR Settings > Output > Monitor > General > Aspect Ratio Handling

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 09:02:27 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  For some reason the two don't seem to produce the same effect.  I can use the one from the context menu and it sizes things the way I want it, and the other leaves the picture too large and off the screen... however, I still prefer not to set each individual film through the context menu.  Is there some other step I'm missing?  And I have to confess, I don't really understand the difference between the two options.  Thanks again for the help.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 01:20:43 am »

I don't know how/if those two options differ though perhaps it depends on exactly what option you set, can you show a pic of that?

automated way is to use the black bar detection, have you tried it or do you have a reason to set an explicit override?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 04:39:12 am »

Override Aspect Ratio is different, if thats literally what you are doing. It'll distort the image by showing it in a different aspect ratio.

If thats what you want, you could set the global mode to Stretch, and it might do something similar as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 01:38:31 pm »

It turns out that the changes in behavior were due to having to recently reinstall Windows and I needed to re-detect all the black bars for the JRVR process.  Once I did this I was back on track... sorry for the confusion, but your replies did help me work through the problem.  Thanks.

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 03:01:09 am »

Options > Video > JRVR Settings > Output > Monitor > General > Aspect Ratio Handling

So, I'm still tinkering with this... this option creates a different stretch effect than the window>override aspect ratio setting in the context menu while a video is playing.  In fact, if I activate the one in the JRVR settings it creates a second entry for aspect ratio in the context menu.  What I'm trying to do (even after my issue with the black bar detection) is set that window>override aspect ratio as a default, so I don't have to repeatedly set the option from the context menu.  That setting does what I intend, but I can't find a way to set it as a default.
Pages: [1]   Go Up