INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists will not Import  (Read 942 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Playlists will not Import
« on: January 09, 2003, 03:45:04 am »

MJ will not import m3u Playlist files (only the names, no contents). These were previously created by RealOne. I also created a fresh new playlist with MJ and exported it as an m3u file and attempted to import, which had the same results. Please help... thanks.

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: Playlists will not Import
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 07:20:56 am »

An m3u playlist file is just a list of paths and filenames.  Are the files referenced in the m3u actually on your system and located where the m3u says they are?

If you were able to create playlists with MJ, the files included in the playlist must have already been imported into your MJ library.  If they are already there, they won't import again.

Generally, the more information you provide, the more likely someone will be able to help figure out a solution. One thing that should be included is which version of MJ you are using.  Sometimes it also helps to know what operating system you have.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 08:46:17 am »

Thanks for your input. I'm running W2K with MP3 files stored on a server, which I access from another computer over a hard-wired LAN. This allows me to use one box for music processing, the server for mass storage, and I have a laptop on the same LAN for general business. Works great. RealOne has been my preferred jukebox, but am dissattisfied with its slow performance and instability. I just downloaded MJ 8.0 and so far love it and intend to buy it after 30 days. Everything from my server imported fine including the PL file names, but not their contents within the PL file. After creating a PL with MJ, exporting to my server, then import as I would the others (created with RealOne), I wind up with a file name, but no contents. Very strange. The music files are indeed there so perhaps it's a path issue? Hope you can help. Thank you.

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 11:15:05 am »

Further clarity... my imported media library wound up in MJ's Playlists folder in its entirety. My previously created RealOne PL's appeared with the correct PL titles (e.g., Holiday) under the sub-directory, Mixes, but absent the song clips. So I need advice about re-establishing the path from the original PL file with the correct contents. Plus, how do you add songs to a PL in MJ... the program needs a simple "Add Clips Now" function? Please help...thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up