INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent scrollback in panes when splitting [Artist] with semi-colon  (Read 297 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I often use pane tagging to identify multi-artist [Artist]'s with improper delimiters like "and", ",", "&", "ft.", etc, and replace them with a semi-colon to actually break the field into a list of separate artists. Unfortunately every time I perform this action MC scrolls back to the top of the pane, which is a pain :D as I currently have over 6500 artists and refinding my place in the list is very difficult. I have a hunch that since I'm effectively eliminating that incorrect multi-artist [Artist] MC doesn't have a place to land and reverts to the top. If possible, I would suggest keeping the focus on the first artist of the new list.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Prevent scrollback in panes when splitting [Artist] with semi-colon
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 12:40:09 am »

We'll try to fix this.  I've seen the same problem somewhere else.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 04:29:18 am »

It is possible that the scrolling is being caused because something like Artist A feat. Artist B,1 entry in the list of Artists is potential being split into 2 entries which could cause a re-sort if more than one Category is in the top section of the view.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 04:41:07 am »

As a workaround you could try not to sort with artist (maybe it helps) or make a search filter where it only shows items with those characters so you'll only see items you'd like to fix

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 06:58:19 am »

It is possible that the scrolling is being caused because something like Artist A feat. Artist B,1 entry in the list of Artists is potential being split into 2 entries which could cause a re-sort if more than one Category is in the top section of the view.

I'm just using a single category:

As a workaround you could try not to sort with artist (maybe it helps) or make a search filter where it only shows items with those characters so you'll only see items you'd like to fix

Thanks for the suggestions, in this case it's the pane itself that scrolls to the top so there's not really a way to avoid not sorting by that field. I already employ your second suggestion on a limited basis, but I'd prefer keeping all of my [Artist] maintenance in a single view as I do other things (case/spelling corrections) in addition to splitting the fields.

We'll try to fix this.  I've seen the same problem somewhere else.

It also happens in the files list (not the pane itself as was the topic of my OP) whenever files are added (by auto-import) or removed (manually, by me). I remember some discussion about this years ago but can't find it, I think at the time the redraw/scrollback was considered fundamental to the way MC worked and very difficult to change. Thanks for investigating, regardless!
Pages: [1]   Go Up