Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRemote (iOS) 3.40

<< < (6/8) > >>

couchjr:
It's been a very long time since I posted on the JRiver forums, and I came to this section for instructions on deleting an old server from the JRemote list (answered in a post in the previous-version thread about a different issue—thanks!).

For years JRemote development appeared moribund, but some months ago, the main annoyance to my fairly straightforward use of the app suddenly disappeared: The alpha index list on the right side of the thumbnail array view of the library started working correctly! This has changed my life (in a good way). As a visual thinker, I can now instantly spot the album I want via cover art AND jump to the correct section of the 6000+ albums in the library by tapping on the Album tag value's first character in the alpha index. Flywheel scrolling through that many albums used to be just painful.

So this post is mostly a huge thank you from a UX guy for the renewed attention to the app and to solving such a basic problem, about which my earlier pleas went unheeded.

Chapeau!

pkfeldman:
Bob,

Great job with JRemote 3.4 for iOS (I use both iPad and iPhone versions), but two enhancement requests please -

1. When I select the "Recent" navigation option, it defaults to alphabetical. It should at least default to sorting by newest, and really that should be the only option. It's not meaningful to view a "recent" list sorted alphabetically unless it's filtered in some way, which in my case it's not - it's the whole library. Suggest dropping the "alpha-recent" sliding control and only making it sort by recency. Maybe also make it flippable to oldest-newest.

2. On the iPad, the size of the thumbnails is too big for my taste. Flipped to portrait, the icons change to a more comfortable size. Suggest using the portrait size of thumbnails also when in landscape mode. Also possibly add a slider control to variably set the size of the thumbnails. Tastes are all over the map on this one - my 81-year-old father likes the sizes as is, but I find them too big.

Thank you for considering.

Regards,
Paul

bob:

--- Quote from: pkfeldman on September 10, 2023, 11:24:18 am ---Bob,

Great job with JRemote 3.4 for iOS (I use both iPad and iPhone versions), but two enhancement requests please -

1. When I select the "Recent" navigation option, it defaults to alphabetical. It should at least default to sorting by newest, and really that should be the only option. It's not meaningful to view a "recent" list sorted alphabetically unless it's filtered in some way, which in my case it's not - it's the whole library. Suggest dropping the "alpha-recent" sliding control and only making it sort by recency. Maybe also make it flippable to oldest-newest.

--- End quote ---
I can't duplicate that. The Recent view on my server isn't sorting alpha. Perhaps look at the Gizmo et al view configuration in the MC server Media Network settings.
The alpha jump is of course meaningless. It's just used for every view and there's nothing specific about "Recent" on the server to indicate that to the remote that it's not needed.

--- Quote ---2. On the iPad, the size of the thumbnails is too big for my taste. Flipped to portrait, the icons change to a more comfortable size. Suggest using the portrait size of thumbnails also when in landscape mode. Also possibly add a slider control to variably set the size of the thumbnails. Tastes are all over the map on this one - my 81-year-old father likes the sizes as is, but I find them too big.

--- End quote ---
Pinch in/out changes the sizes.

gulp:
I wondered that a 5 star field type (when defined for a custom field) is not shown like that in edit mode on JRemote (although it would be most useful there), it appears as a normal edit field. On the JRiver Windows client on the other hand the 5 star is shown with stars.

Is there any option to make a custom 5 star field appear in JRemote just as it does for rating a track on the play screen in JRemote (which shows it's generally possible to display a 5 star field type in JRemote)?

pkfeldman:
I don't know how "gulp" got in my thread but thank you bob, both suggestions worked. In Media Network/Advanced/Customize Views, I edited the "Album" category element and changed Sorting to "Date Imported". Now both UI options in JRemote (alpha, date) display the most recently added albums first. Also the in/out pinching works to adjust album size. Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version