INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting old cach app data  (Read 510 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Deleting old cach app data
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:26:58 am »

Hi there I finally upgraded to MC31 no issue. However I notice there is now app data for both MC30 and MC31 ie. ~/.jriver/Media Center 30/..

Can I delete the entire ~/.jriver/Media Center 30/ tree ? A Cleanup tool like Stacer does not pick up these files as redundant.

Also the Temp folder in MC31 ~/.jriver/Media Center 31/Temp has 25k+ files in it while the old MC31 had like 1 file can these be deleted also.

I am trying to clean house - it's almost Spring time downunder!
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Deleting old cach app data
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 01:21:07 am »

Try renaming the old folder first.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 06:02:02 pm »

I assume you meant the MC30 Temp folder had all of those entries.
MC is supposed to clean that folder on exit.
Nothing in Temp is necessary between runs of MC.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 12:49:18 am »

Thanks All

the 25k of thumbnails eventually disappeared from the temp folder.

I also renamed and then eventually deleted the 'Media Center 30' folder and its contents. I  use Manjaro and JRiver comes from the AUR. Even though it was a direct updgrade in linux from 30 to 31, this folder of old data was not cleaned out as I though it would?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 09:20:25 am »

Thanks All

the 25k of thumbnails eventually disappeared from the temp folder.

I also renamed and then eventually deleted the 'Media Center 30' folder and its contents. I  use Manjaro and JRiver comes from the AUR. Even though it was a direct upgrade in linux from 30 to 31, this folder of old data was not cleaned out as I though it would?

Upon an upgrade on linux (and Mac as well) none of the user data is cleared out from previous versions.
When you are certain you have the new version you want running the way you want and you have backups you can delete the user data from the old version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up