INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startup window according to audio or video files  (Read 283 times)

donac64

• Recent member
Startup window according to audio or video files
« on: August 10, 2023, 03:31:58 pm »

Hello, when I click on an audio file I would like MC to open in a windowed mode showing the name of the file, time and so on.
My problem is that, if I set MC this way, when I click on a video file, then I have to switch manually to Display view, otherwise MC doesn’t show the video.
Viceversa, if I set it to start in Display view, when I click on an audio file it opens a full screen window that I don’t need.
What I want is:
  • MC should never start automatically in full screen, not for video files, nor for audio files
  • when I click on an audio file it should open in a windowed mode, showing information about that file and playing the file
  • when I click on a video file it should open in a windowed mode, playing and showing the video in that window.
Is it possible to get this automatically in MC, without having always to adapt it manually to audio and to video files?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Startup window according to audio or video files
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 07:35:29 am »

I think you're looking for Tools > Options > Behavior > jump on play (audio/video)

Set both of those to "Playing Now" and it should do what you want.  I just tested it with both audio and video.  It goes to Playing Now, and does not engage full screen at all.

Best of luck,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up