INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain / Volume Problem  (Read 685 times)

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
Replay Gain / Volume Problem
« on: February 17, 2003, 12:16:41 am »

Using MC v9.0.113, I've been having a problem with volumes.  If I'm playing a song that has not be analyzed for replay gain (such as a recent download), and then I load a song that has been analyzed and lowered by replay gain, that song will play at a much lower volume, unless I hit Stop and then Play again, in which case the volume will be louder again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/

Autoelph

Re: Replay Gain / Volume Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 04:50:57 am »

Yea, I 've also noticed very strange behavior in the replay gain\analyzed files setup...volumes are all over the place, I just stopped using replay gain. RG just doesn't sound very good at all right now.

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 04:57:40 am »

I agree, it has been out of order since some builds back...there also seems to be something weird with the automatic adjustment in DSP settings...my files definitively doesn't play in the same volume anymore :(

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 05:59:14 pm »

OK, I am still having the problem in build 9.0.115, and I have figured out exactly when and how to consistently make it happen: If I load up a file while the player is stopped that has not been analyzed for replay gain, and then load up a file that has been analyzed to play (w/o stopping, so a crossfade happens), that file plays way to quiet, unless I click stop and then play again, in which case the volume will be correct.
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up