INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded from MC25... Now client TV recording doesn't work.  (Read 365 times)

RecorderHoarder

• Recent member
Upgraded from MC25... Now client TV recording doesn't work.
« on: August 13, 2023, 12:48:11 am »

Hi,
I've been using a Hauppage HD PVR2 on a client PC for a couple years to record stuff off a Roku set top box. I followed the instructions here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=119661.0
On MC25, after setting up a scheduled recording and choosing the record on client option, an error pops up that says the tuner can't be found. Even so, the recording starts, and everything works. The Hauppage goes through a blinking progression of lights and starts capturing. After the recording finishes, I get a TS file saved on a local drive that's also mapped on the server PC. I can double click on the recording and it plays just fine.
On MC31, even though I have exactly the same settings on the TV options on both the server and the client PC from my MC25 install, after the error message nothing happens. The recording never starts and the Hauppage doesn't react at all when the scheduled recording is supposed to start.
I still have MC25 installed on client (but no longer on the server) and I can still connect to the server, schedule a recording, get the error about no tuners available, and the recording starts just like it always does. How can I get recording to work on MC31?
Thanks!

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Upgraded from MC25... Now client TV recording doesn't work.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 05:39:43 am »

Greatday, did you tried toggling the disabling/enabling the network function under options onto the Client ?
Everytime I upgrade to another version of MC I need to toggle the network function in order to get the firewall rules accepted.
Give it a try, works to me to get my network tuners visible :-)

Cheers  8)

RecorderHoarder

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 01:54:27 pm »

OK, I went to the client side network options and unchecked everything, rebooted, and rechecked all. No dice. On the server side, I enabled DLNA as part of the setup and have 2 Kindle Fires talking to the server through JRemote2 (which is pretty slick, BTW!). It's a really strange problem I'm having because I can see the capture card on the client side and can view live captured video fine on the client side. The server has no visibility of the capture card, but that's not surprising because it's never been installed on the server. It wasn't set up that way on MC25 and it's not set up that way now.

So, what am I doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 02:27:48 pm »

Firewall problem?

RecorderHoarder

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 12:37:31 pm »

Yeah, no, sorry - I double checked the firewall is set wide open for JRiver and nothing changed. I'm going to blow away all the TV settings on the server and the client and try setting up all my tuners (on the server) and capture card (on the client) again and see if that works. I'll be back with my results.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 01:53:49 pm »

Is Media Network turned on?

RecorderHoarder

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 02:52:33 pm »

On the server, Media Network is turned on and I have 2 Amazon Fire tablets connected to the server using JRemote2, so I figure that's working correctly.
On the client machine with the capture card installed - no - Media Network was turned off. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? I turned it on just for grins and now I see 2 options to connect to the server.
The original option is still there "WHS Library" and a new option "WHS (Library Server)". Huh. Neither option lets me record using the local capture card.
I uninstalled MC25 and created a local library on MC31 with an empty library. Using the local library, I can view and record on the capture card just fine.

So, at least I have a cludge that's sorta working...
Pages: [1]   Go Up