INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC to show Video Playback Strip  (Read 535 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
MCC to show Video Playback Strip
« on: August 05, 2023, 10:23:16 am »

I would love to have an MCC that would show and hide the video playback strip in Display View.  I am aware of the MCCs that work on the OSD.  10051 shows the OSD.  The OSD is not what I want.  I'd really like to show and hide the Video Playback Strip that appears at the top of the playing video.

Can we get an MCC to show/hide the Playback Strip please?

I'm attaching a picture of the Playback Strip that I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Brian.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: MCC to show Video Playback Strip
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 12:38:46 pm »

I'd be shocked if you didn't know this already Brian, but just in case… You can turn off the OSD pop-up bar altogether by disabling the checkbox for Enable OSD under Tree & View/Advanced.

If you still want to show it for other reasons, the OSD can be made visually appealing by setting the Pop-Up Transparency Mode to Enabled under General/Advanced.  That said, changing the setting to Enabled will make ALL pop-ups (menus, tooltips, and track info) transparent as well. I personally love transparency for all pop-ups, but if you don't, then your stuck with the gray OSD.

I realize that none of this solves your desire for a remote control command to show the Pop-Up Player Bar (the "playback strip"), but figured it was a good opportunity to provide information about the OSD that people may not be aware of.  I personally did not discover how to get rid of that supremely ugly gray for the 1st couple of years I used MC, so I presume others may be in the same boat.

One final note for Matt: There are 3 modes for Pop-Up Transparency: Enabled, Disable over Movies, Disabled

The Disable over Movies mode does nothing.  When checked, all pop-ups (the OSD, right-click menus, etc.) all remain transparent, so effectively there are really only 2 options for transparency: Enabled or Disabled.  I personally think that's adequate, but having an additional option which does nothing is confusing for new (or old) users.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 01:14:52 pm »

If you still want to show it for other reasons, that horrific gray OSD can be made visually appealing by setting the Pop-Up Transparency Mode to Enabled under General/Advanced.  That said, changing the setting to Enabled will make ALL pop-ups (menus, tooltips, and track info) transparent as well.

I just tried General > Advanced > Popup Transparency Mode > Enabled

The OSD is unaffected by this setting on my system.  It's still a solid gray strip at the bottom.  I'm not too concerned about it, but I do wonder if it works on your system to make the OSD actually transparent.

Brian.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 01:26:24 pm »

your Mac and I'm Windows?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 01:46:06 pm »

FYI… Here's what the OSD looks like with pop-up transparency enabled on my machine

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 02:18:03 pm »

Must be a Mac MC thing then.  But this is really just a side point.

I'm really just interested in an MCC to show and hide the Popup Player Bar.

Thanks for the discussion.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 04:40:03 am »

For me this functionality would be like the "Display Button" on a BluRay player.  Giving you status about time remaining, position, etc.  The OSD doesn't do all the things that the Player Popup does.

Thanks for considering my idea.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 04:55:51 am »

You can't really interact with that UI element other than with a mouse. So showing it with the mouse seems logical. Its also not scaled for viewability at a distance.

What information exactly are you looking for?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 06:39:13 am »

What information exactly are you looking for?

I'm looking for:

Current Position (time)
Time Remaining
Total Time
Track name, artist, album

All of this is on the Player Strip because it is configurable and I have put all that info there.

I do not want to interact with the Player Strip.  I want to see the information that it provides.  Have you ever used the Display button on a DVD or BluRay player?  That's the kind of functionality I'm looking for.

The OSD is missing time remaining as a minimum.  If it had that, I probably would not have made this request. 

The Player Strip is more attractive, provides more information, has a functional position bar, and is user configurable.

Thanks,
Brian.

Thanks,
Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 08:43:34 am »

This feature would be very non-invasive.  It's just a way of activating something that already exists.

Thanks for considering my request.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up