INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Playing Now Display  (Read 221 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Playing Now Display
« on: August 17, 2023, 12:24:05 pm »

I'm experimenting with this now.  The "online slideshow" in the background is pretty neat.  I've played with all the various screens in Playing Now, including the "regular", info, and list.  List most closely emulates Standard View Playing Now, since it shows the play queue (the list of songs), the cover art, and the slideshow in the background.  But it has no information about playback at all.  No track name or anything. The bare "playing now" selection on the same screen does show some playback information.

I think it would be nice to have playback information available on all of the Playing Now screens.  Because the function of these screens is to see what is playing... now!  :) .

Thanks,
Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Playing Now Display
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 12:55:56 pm »

Hi blgentry.  If you simply select the playing file in the list, it shows the name, artist, album, and duration.  You can click on it and it zooms to lots more information.  When I do Ctrl+N to go to the next track the playback information advances when I'm zoomed in or back at the list.  So that seems pretty good to me.

What are you thinking you'd like tweaked?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

Re: Theater View Playing Now Display
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 01:16:16 pm »

I had not occurred to me to leave my "selection" on the currently playing track.  I normally leave my "cursor" on the menu at the top.  Right now that menu says "List".  But when I tab to the list of songs the current song does show the information you describe.  That's a bit better than before for sure.

Ideally I'd like to have the same configurability that I have with the Popup Player in Standard View so I can type in what I want.  We sort of have that on the main Theater View Playing Now area via Tools > Options > Theater View > advanced > expression for playing now .

I was mostly thinking it would be a good idea to have the text of that expression show in all Playing Now screens inside of Theater View.

I was also wondering if there was something I had missed and apparently I missed a little something that you taught me here.  So thanks.

I still think it's a good idea to have a display for the currently playing track that always shows in a Playing Now view inside of Theater View.

Thanks,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up