INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC updated by itself even though automatic updates are disabled  (Read 383 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

I experienced this with two different installs of MC on two different Windows computers.

"Disable automatic update" was enabled on both, and I had MC v31.0.0.38 on one of them (going by the installer found in the folder AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 31\Install), and I don't know what version on the other.

When I launched MC to play a video file, its installer started out of the blue instead and after it finished I discovered I was now at v31.0.0.46.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC updated by itself even though automatic updates are disabled
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 01:48:11 pm »

This is how update channels work:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

I'm not sure what you saw.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 02:49:55 am »

I have automatic updates turned off on my media PC and never gotten one without asking. Note that there is a hotkey to manually look for updates, and if you happen to press that, the next restart would install it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 12:17:58 pm »

Did you bring up the JRVR stats screen? There's a focus issue that would cause that to check for updates instead of activating the stats: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136761.0.html

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 01:07:16 pm »

I use Ctrl+J pretty much every time I start a video file playback, so that's likely what happened indeed. Thank you!

Is there a way to disable the Ctrl+J shortcut for updates (and which persists across MC reinstallations/upgrades)? I don't want to trigger this shortcut again by mistake in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up